Action Recommendation

BPGuru

Private
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2020
I am planning on a new build in 338 Lapua. Purpose is long range target shooting. I have a Savage 110BA in the caliber but wanting a step up. Purchased a nice barrel to finish at 32 inches but decided I wanted a better action. What would be best action and whose chassis to put in in. Thanks!

Impact makes a great action -- I really like my 737

But you probably can't go wrong with almost any of the custom actions ... Impact, Terminus, Zermatt, ARC, Defiance etc etc etc

Reactions: moosemeat
What's your budget? Lots of options.

Surgeon 1581 XL - if you can find one
BAT Model HR
Kelbly Prometheus
Lone Peak Fuzion
Impact
Defiance Deviant
Borden Bigfoot

If you want to save a little bit of money and still have a great action:

BAT Igniter
ARC CDG
Kelbly Atlas

I am planning on a new build in 338 Lapua. Purpose is long range target shooting. I have a Savage 110BA in the caliber but wanting a step up. Purchased a nice barrel to finish at 32 inches but decided I wanted a better action. What would be best action and whose chassis to put in in. Thanks!
Surgeon, Borden, or Stiller are the only ones I would consider. There is something I don't like about all three of them. If Borden would change the extractor in theirs, I would buy one.

• Haha
Reactions: NiteQwill
Thinking of the Impact 777R Magnum action. Thoughts? Need to see if it works with the CIP magazines.

Can't go wrong with Impact, they are a great choice. I think you might need to go to the 787R action if you're doing a 338 Lapua bolt face. Their website says:

• Will feed CIP length cartridges
  • Magazine well cut for Wyatt extended mag box MBE-3 Long Action Box(3.825")