• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

ADM vs LMT

Ctr0n_m110

Private
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2024
WA
First time posting on here sos correct me if I am doing something wrong. Looking to get a 16in ar15 to run suppressed with a 1-10 optic, would like this to be my longer range 5.56 gun. Currently narrowed down to the LMT MARS L MRP or the AMD UIC MOD-2. (Ik brands like JP and LWRCI are good for what I want just don't like the tube rails.) What is yalls opinion on these two options or any other suggestions?

I personally like the LMT due to it's quick change barrels and I love the quad rail (yeah I know, FUDD calling). The only thing is that there has been QC issues since the move to Iowa (per posts, or so I hear) but mine have have been good.

Last edited:
Reactions: stanley_white
You can never go wrong with LMT. MARS-L is an nice rifle, and the barrel swap is an added benefit. I might have one with your name on it, when you are ready. ;) .

When a guy has narrowed his research to 2 or 3 rifles, the last thing I want to do is open the door for you to consider others. I like to keep the selection to a max of three. I have no experience with ADM. I am assuming this is the same company that makes the rifle mounts?

The only comment I would make is that you have chosen 16" and also said "long range." I would probably guide you to a longer barrel for long range. Most of the 16" rifles will be carbine gas, and I would prefer a mid-length gas system for smoother shooting, or even rifle length. But, long-range is subjective with an AR15 style rifle anyway. LMT will offer the ability to upgrade to SS barrel. Pretty sure that chrome-lined is their standard, which is not known for the best accuracy, but is more of a military grade for durability and corrosion resistance.

You did not mention the optic, but in the 1-10x, we are sure a fan of the Razor Gen III. A little expensive, but hard to beat with true 1x magnification. I do not mean to be overly commercial, but we do offer a nice combo deal with optic and rifle and for 'hide guys as well. But, happy to help you if you just want to chat.

You can never go wrong with LMT. MARS-L is an nice rifle, and the barrel swap is an added benefit. I might have one with your name on it, when you are ready. ;) .

When a guy has narrowed his research to 2 or 3 rifles, the last thing I want to do is open the door for you to consider others. I like to keep the selection to a max of three. I have no experience with ADM. I am assuming this is the same company that makes the rifle mounts?

The only comment I would make is that you have chosen 16" and also said "long range." I would probably guide you to a longer barrel for long range. Most of the 16" rifles will be carbine gas, and I would prefer a mid-length gas system for smoother shooting, or even rifle length. But, long-range is subjective with an AR15 style rifle anyway. LMT will offer the ability to upgrade to SS barrel. Pretty sure that chrome-lined is their standard, which is not known for the best accuracy, but is more of a military grade for durability and corrosion resistance.

You did not mention the optic, but in the 1-10x, we are sure a fan of the Razor Gen III. A little expensive, but hard to beat with true 1x magnification. I do not mean to be overly commercial, but we do offer a nice combo deal with optic and rifle and for 'hide guys as well. But, happy to help you if you just want to chat.
Think I have made up my mind, planning on going with the LMT. As for the 16 in barrel length my reasoning for that is due to my next purchase after this build being an ar10 style rifle (probably the mars H in. 6.5 creed with a 20in barrel). The stainless steel barrel upgrade is a good point that i will definitely have to look into aswell. Also you nailed my exact choice for optic, already was planning on getting the vortex gen III. Ill get back to you on that combo deal you got if I end up going that route. Thx for the advice and offer.

Last edited:
Think I have made up my mind, planning on going with the LMT. As for the 16 in barrel length my reasoning for that is due to my next purchase after this build being an ar10 style rifle (probably the mars L in. 6.5 creed with a 20in barrel). The stainless steel barrel upgrade is a good point that i will definitely have to look into aswell. Also you nailed my exact choice for optic, already was planning on getting the vortex gen III. Ill get back to you on that combo deal you got if I end up going that route. Thx for the advice and offer.
Wouldn't the 6.5 creed be a MARS H? I thought the MARS L was the small frame.

Reactions: Jsp556
First time posting on here sos correct me if I am doing something wrong. Looking to get a 16in ar15 to run suppressed with a 1-10 optic, would like this to be my longer range 5.56 gun. Currently narrowed down to the LMT MARS L MRP or the AMD UIC MOD-2. (Ik brands like JP and LWRCI are good for what I want just don't like the tube rails.) What is yalls opinion on these two options or any other suggestions?
I have an ADM. I like their receivers but in reality they aren't very different than a lot of AR15's out there. If you look at the parts they use their guns are their receivers plus a good choice of aftermarket parts build. Criterion barrel. No doubt sub contracted buffer, spring, charging handle. I'm sure their all quality parts and ADM knows the gun will run but it just comes across as a parts build to me.

The only reason I'd buy an LMT is for the monolithic upper and fore end. Otherwise the proprietary barrels don't seem especially suited for a long range gun and one day if you decide to have a nice custom cut rifled barrel made the LMT design will make it a little more difficult due to the conversion required. Not impossible but just an additional consideration. Otherwise LMT seems like their guns are heavily gassed.

If you're looking for a 16" that is a little extra suited for longer range you should seriously consider the Ridgeline Defense LDR, a mid powder scope like the NX8 2.5x20 and a CAT titanium or HUX556 Flow ti suppressor. Or a Seekins DMR plus the same scope and suppressor.