• We're live!

We've got the homepage updated and subscriptions are now managed through HideTV. If you run into any bugs please contact alexj-12 or use our contact form for help!

ENTER HIDETV VIEW THREAD

Aero handguard on PA10 gen3

Jmccracken1214

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 10, 2018
    Thomasville, NC
    Got my pa10 gen 3 together last night and realized that the 22" BA heavy barrel and adjustable gas block are touching the hanguard... I couldnt find a lot of info, just people saying that the PA gen 2's take the dpms low handguards.

Midwest Industries states that low is 0.151 on the receiver, where the charging handle enters the upper... and that high is 0.210

I measured my gen 3 upper and it was 0.198........ So I felt safe in ordering the Aero m5 handguard for my upper. This should be fine, right?

PSA uses a "proprietary" height ( that whole lack of a Mil-Spec guideline thing ) , and as you have seen it is "in between" DPMS Low and DPMS High.

I scope my Large Frame PSA AR's and the rail height difference has never bothered me in the slightest.

IMHO , you will be fine.

Reactions: Jmccracken1214
    Got my pa10 gen 3 together last night and realized that the 22" BA heavy barrel and adjustable gas block are touching the hanguard... I couldnt find a lot of info, just people saying that the PA gen 2's take the dpms low handguards.

Midwest Industries states that low is 0.151 on the receiver, where the charging handle enters the upper... and that high is 0.210

I measured my gen 3 upper and it was 0.198........ So I felt safe in ordering the Aero m5 handguard for my upper. This should be fine, right?I
    PSA uses a "proprietary" height ( that whole lack of a Mil-Spec guideline thing ) , and as you have seen it is "in between" DPMS Low and DPMS High.

I scope my Large Frame PSA AR's and the rail height difference has never bothered me in the slightest.

IMHO , you will be fine.
    so it fit well dud you have to order the barrel nut from aero

While this is an older thread... the Odin Works 308 FF handguard is a pretty danged good fit. Odin works lists it at .200" forend adapter size height.

These pics are just hand fit, so not mechanically assembled . And repeats , since I am not a good photographer.

https://www.odinworks.com/AR-10-M-LOK-Forends-p/f-15-ml-308.htm

IMG_0280.jpg
    IMG_0281.jpg
    IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg