• Frank's Lesson's Contest

We want to see your skills! Post a video between now and November 1st showing what you've learned from Frank's lessons and 3 people will be selected to win a free shirt. Good luck everyone!

Create a channel Learn more
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Aero m5 6.5 creedmoor build

I built an aero m5 in 6.5cm and I had a hard time getting the buffer correct. Went through 5 or 6 different ones until I got a enclosed piston style. I adjusted the gas until I got elections to go to 4 o'clock and it has been great ever since. With the wrong buffer it was all over the place.

I'm working on load development for it now but sub MOA at 100 yards is fairly common.
20240806_204947.jpg

No offense intended at all, but is this your first LFAR ?

Large Frame AR's require a "different" shooting style compared to a AR15. It is hard to describe, but follow through is very critical to shooting precision groups.
Also, the added mass of the recoil cycle, amplifies any thing you can do wrong, when compared to a AR15.

No offense intended at all, but is this your first LFAR ?

Large Frame AR's require a "different" shooting style compared to a AR15. It is hard to describe, but follow through is very critical to shooting precision groups.
Also, the added mass of the recoil cycle, amplifies any thing you can do wrong, when compared to a AR15.
No have a couple rock river lar8s (zero issue) I’m going to pull apart and re toque barrel nut .

Reactions: bfoosh006
No odd damage to the rounds being cycled via the gas system being used ?

Everything good n' tight enough for the gas operation ?
Upper to lower fit maybe ?

And at the risk of sounding like a dip_shit... turning off the gas made your LFAR a "bolt" gun, with very little moving parts... so the cycling is the fly in the ointment.

What recoil setup ? And whose Adj. GB ?

Last edited:
ODD indeed ,I've never experienced any difference in accuracy with any of MY gas guns . Whether single shot manual cycle or full clip throttle open ;Accuracy STAYS the same . At 165 yd. MY VV 560 load took a dump as I bumped up powder and it obviously didn't like it .

I won $110.00 at the range ,for sticking #11 ( all I had left ) old VV 560 loads with 143 grain Hornady pills and 6.5 StaBall . Some guy bet Me I couldn't put them under a dime at 200 yd. . He asked ME to change point of impact ,as after #8 he was suspicious they weren't actually going into the same place . So Last #3 , I put on the dot HE called for . His Buddy was using the spotting scope . He was lucky I only had #11 shots left at $10.00 per . Aero Precision custom build 22.5"

Attachments

• CM 6 5 various loads 1.jpg
    CM 6 5 various loads 1.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 22
  • CM 6 5 various loads 2.jpg
    CM 6 5 various loads 2.jpg
    324 KB · Views: 21
  • Hunting load 129 gr 278 Yd April 2024 2.jpg
    Hunting load 129 gr 278 Yd April 2024 2.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Aeroprecison 6 5 CM build 3.jpg
    Aeroprecison 6 5 CM build 3.jpg