• We're Extending The Deal: Get 30% Off Your Sub With Code HIDE30

We're only offering the deal for another 24 hours!

Subscribe

Aero Solus rifle deal

I’m not sure how you could beat this price for a rifle that’s arguably better than even a Tikka CTR.

If I had the spare coin I’d buy one to put in the back of the safe just to have it.

I’ve been buying too many spare AI parts 😁😩

Reactions: 308pirate and FuhQ
I definitely don’t need another 6.5, but maybe the kids do. Do the ballistic advantage barrels actually perform? Ar15 barrels seem hit or miss from them.

Yes sir.We do/did extensive testing. As a result of this, but mainly the design, the first battery I had in my remote lasted almost 3 yrs. This can,of course, vary depending on use case.

As I mentioned previously, I originally had all of the same reservations. Now I'm in the camp of, "why would I want to deal with cables when this works so well?". I don't have to route a cable, I don't have to wish the cable was shorter or longer, and probably most important I can put the remote where ever I want it.

Hope that helps a little. Feel free to reach out anytime!

Best Regards
Scott

I definitely don’t need another 6.5, but maybe the kids do. Do the ballistic advantage barrels actually perform? Ar15 barrels seem hit or miss from them.

They're accurate as hell.

I have two 6.5 creedmoor sendero profile barrels. Both barrels chrono within 20 fps of each other. They're both sub moa with factory loads. I'm beyond pleased considering what I paid for them.

I've been biding my time to start my first bolt action build and was stuck trying to figure out which budget action to drop into a Bravo stock and pair with a TT trigger and Sendero profile barrel... This just answered all my questions for about $1k. Time to make room in the safe!

I’m not sure how you could beat this price for a rifle that’s arguably better than even a Tikka CTR.

If I had the spare coin I’d buy one to put in the back of the safe just to have it.

I’ve been buying too many spare AI parts 😁😩
I don't feel a solus barreled action is better than a ctr. I have a few solus action, hand full off tikkas, and have tried most the Remington clones on the market from $2k bat actions to budget end. The solus is a budget piece. I'd you can afford a lil more cheese, go with a CDG or origin.

The action is a dumb place to blow cash anyways. Barrel, then trigger, glass/chassis, then the action. It's the least impactful upgrade.
Ha! That's truly laughable. Triggers are cheap, that action, you have to get hands on and manipulate for every single round fired. 99% of barrels from the top manufacturers will outshoot the guy pulling the trigger. If the action didn't matter at all, we'd all be shooting Remington 700s and savages. Thinking they're all created and perform equally, that's like saying all has sedan autos are the same. They all do the same thing, however the feel, fit and finish, fire control, bolt manipulation all vary model to model. Run enough different models, you'll quickly notice there's a feel and feature set you gravitate to.

Last edited:
Triggers are cheap, that action, you have to get hands on and manipulate for every single round fired.
You can buy an Aero Solus action, put it in a rifle and shoot it. Then replace it with a Bat action and barrel differences aside, you won't suddenly be able to group any better than you could before.
If the action didn't matter at all, we'd all be shooting Remington 700s and savages.
I didn't say it didn't matter at all. I just said it was the least significant upgrade in terms of accuracy of the rifle per dollar spent. You would be way better off spending the grand plus you save buying an Aero action vs a Bat machine quality action on other upgrades.
Thinking they're all created and perform equally, that's like saying all has sedan autos are the same. They all do the same thing, however the feel, fit and finish, fire control, bolt manipulation all vary model to model. Run enough different models, you'll quickly notice there's a feel and feature set you gravitate to.
Liking it more wont make you shoot better. Only practice does that. Spend your money on ammo and barrels was the point.

Reactions: 6brshooter
They removed the complete rifle solis10 deal,
Now it’s just a barreled action + free chassis

Looks like they added a 9mm at section to the sale where the solus10 was located at the top

I bought a barreled action from them for ~900, and then had a ton of problems getting the trigger hanger to fit a Rem 700 stock. Getting a KRG Bravo for 190 and not fighting the trigger hanger sounds like a hell of a deal.

It's a massive upgrade from a RAR and a good bit from a Tikka. I am and was a big Tikka fan but the Solus definitely puts the Tikka hard in the factory action category.

I know the Solus being called a custom action gets panties in a bunch for some but it is a custom action. Perhaps the first one produced in such quantities and as such we'll hear of more issues than the few other makers trinkle out.

Though it seems the best thing since sliced bread CDG is a finicky action with little issues and nuances that the Solus doesn't have.

Well... Got my 4th one ordered... Figured I'd order the 22" Sendero 6.5 Creed in the 15" Comp Chassis since I got it shipped to my FFL for only $1445. You just cannot beat that deal. Even if the barrel is junk, you just paid for an action and chassis, so you're not out any money. Basically you got a free barrel. And if it shoots good, it shoots good, if not, order you the custom prefit you were going to order anyway, had you just ordered an action and chassis to build at home yourself.

It's a massive upgrade from a RAR and a good bit from a Tikka. I am and was a big Tikka fan but the Solus definitely puts the Tikka hard in the factory action category.

I know the Solus being called a custom action gets panties in a bunch for some but it is a custom action. Perhaps the first one produced in such quantities and as such we'll hear of more issues than the few other makers trinkle out.

Though it seems the best thing since sliced bread CDG is a finicky action with little issues and nuances that the Solus doesn't have.
It's a shitty attempt at a mass produced commodity action. Aero is a pump and dump company who sells to ignorants.

Reactions: ARShooter91
Yea shot like 6 or 7 different factory and custom builds. They have serious issues and should never have been released without fixing them first...aero is well aware. They don't give a fuck. All they care about is selling as much as possible and they know 95% of their customers are incompetent and don't shoot often. The guys using them in comps have a bunch of issues. Biggest one being rough machining of action and feed ramp angle/blending. Even the engineers who work at aero don't shoot that turd in matches. They have to pay people to shoot it.

Solus people are almost as clueless as savage shooters
It's a shitty attempt at a mass produced commodity action. Aero is a pump and dump company who sells to ignorants.
Yea shot like 6 or 7 different factory and custom builds. They have serious issues and should never have been released without fixing them first...aero is well aware. They don't give a fuck. All they care about is selling as much as possible and they know 95% of their customers are incompetent and don't shoot often. The guys using them in comps have a bunch of issues. Biggest one being rough machining of action and feed ramp angle/blending. Even the engineers who work at aero don't shoot that turd in matches. They have to pay people to shoot it.
Fuck off.

Reactions: FuhQ
Did you ever get any hands on with a Solus? Or run a match or two with one?
No he hasn't, and if he has, and still claims that, he's absolutely lying about everything he's telling you. He has some massive bug up his ass about Aero, and has been bitching about the Solus since before they ever got released, claiming these same pile of shit ignorant drivels about it, and claiming some buddy of his has "shot more rounds through one than any man alive, and says it's a POS..." typical internet Fuddlore bullshit.

Funny, if they were such junk, I doubt @Lowlight would recommend one to folks... And I'm sure if they were garbage, that no self-respecting smiths would put their names on custom prefit barrels that were going on actions that were pure garbage and won't shoot and make their name look bad... Also, if they were junk, they wouldn't have near the following and number of actions sold, if they were such junk.

You should tell that to the guy who had a full camera crew from aero at a 2 day match to get content of him...he was paid to shoot their gun after all. Gun missfed almost every stage. Call aero, I'm sure they have the footage. Ironically it was never posted on instagram. I saw it with my own eyes.
You guys think becuase it's not posted on internet it didn't happen...rofl. 90% of the shit that happens doesnt...atleast not in this circle.

• Wow
Reactions: tacoman69
You should tell that to the guy who had a full camera crew from aero at a 2 day match to get content of him...he was paid to shoot their gun after all. Gun missfed almost every stage. Call aero, I'm sure they have the footage. Ironically it was never posted on instagram. I saw it with my own eyes.
You guys think becuase it's not posted on internet it didn't happen...rofl. 90% of the shit that happens doesnt...atleast not in this circle.

If you happened to get a look at it:

What chassis was the Solus in?

Was it running AW or AICS?

-Stan

I'm not saying it didn't happen... I'm well aware 90% of the shit in the world doesn't make it to the interwebz, but what I'm saying is, this is far from the norm. The factory barrels seem to be hit-or-miss (pun intended), but the actions are not bad at all.

My factory .308 Win barrel is picky as fuck, and I'm probably fixing to snatch the barrel off as soon as my new CarbonSix 7mm SAW barrel shows up next week. I have enough .308's sitting around, and I got the barreled action and 15" chassis so cheap (less than the cost of just a receiver and chassis), that it was worth the experiment. I just hope the new 6.5CM Solus factory barrel shoots good, because those seem to be a lot less picky than the .308 Win barrels. I've only heard of a couple 6.5CM barrels being hit or miss, most seem to be pretty damn good. Everyone I know that has a .308 Win solus is having problems with them being picky as hell...But that's on the barrel, and not the action. I'm also not a fan of Ballistic Advantage barrels, and Aero owns them, and that's who makes their barrels, even though my 2 Aero AR .300 BLK uppers are both pretty damn accurate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Devildog6.5G

Sorta like the DD Bolt gun... early stuff can have a fuck up, and they go to these matches for media, could have been a preproduction model we dont' know ?

The DD had the similar issues with the Gen 1

Sorta like the DD Bolt gun... early stuff can have a fuck up, and they go to these matches for media, could have been a preproduction model we dont' know ?

The DD had the similar issues with the Gen 1
You know whats funny Frank, One of the guys who shoots aero is the same dude who was told by the owner of DD that his 6 creed barrels last 5K rounds. Back when DD was paying PRS $50K a year to be the "official rifle of the PRS", despite no one actually shooting them in comps. I think he offered to send him a gun to test, not sure if it ever happened. He was actually mentioned on one of your podcasts if you remember the cameo thing from a year or two ago where they kicked someone out.

The Aero guns that were fucking up were full production variants. I think they had already sold something over 1000 guns at the time. I shot a few different ones before the match and was actually thinking of buying a few (we could get everything for 50% off) as a buckup hunting rig and a loaner match gun. The exact words out of homeboys mouth were "dont buy this shit, they need to fix alot of things before its worth spending money on".

When i first picked up his solus, I was super impressed how smooth it felt. Then he told me spent about 20 hours working the action and hand polishing the internals to get the grit out.

I think if you stick with full sized cases like 308 and 6/6.5C the issues aren't as apparent, but when you try to stick a BR sized barrel on there, especially with AW mags, feeding issues become a big problem. This was like 2 years ago, so maybe they redesigned some stuff, but I haven't kept up.

For what they cost, I would spend a little more on a Origin or ARC which IMO, is a much better action, will hold its value better and you will get much better customer service if you do have an issue.

You know whats funny Frank, One of the guys who shoots aero is the same dude who was told by the owner of DD that his 6 creed barrels last 5K rounds. Back when DD was paying PRS $50K a year to be the "official rifle of the PRS", despite no one actually shooting them in comps. I think he offered to send him a gun to test, not sure if it ever happened. He was actually mentioned on one of your podcasts if you remember the cameo thing from a year or two ago where they kicked someone out.

The Aero guns that were fucking up were full production variants. I think they had already sold something over 1000 guns at the time. I shot a few different ones before the match and was actually thinking of buying a few (we could get everything for 50% off) as a buckup hunting rig and a loaner match gun. The exact words out of homeboys mouth were "dont buy this shit, they need to fix alot of things before its worth spending money on".

When i first picked up his solus, I was super impressed how smooth it felt. Then he told me spent about 20 hours working the action and hand polishing the internals to get the grit out.

I think if you stick with full sized cases like 308 and 6/6.5C the issues aren't as apparent, but when you try to stick a BR sized barrel on there, especially with AW mags, feeding issues become a big problem. This was like 2 years ago, so maybe they redesigned some stuff, but I haven't kept up.

For what they cost, I would spend a little more on a Origin or ARC which IMO, is a much better action, will hold its value better and you will get much better customer service if you do have an issue.

There's only one way to settle this.

@FuhQ will go to a 2 day PRS match of your choosing with many of his Solus rifles and demonstrate in real time the superiority of the Solus over any other rifle in attendance.

As a bonus, he will also educate you heathens why OCL and Dead Air are the best cans on the market.

There's only one way to settle this.

@FuhQ will go to a 2 day PRS match of your choosing with many of his Solus rifles and demonstrate in real time the superiority of the Solus over any other rifle in attendance.

As a bonus, he will also educate you heathens why OCL and Dead Air are the best cans on the market.
Eat a fucking dick dude. I never once said it was the best thing ever or superior to anything, other than factory actions. As a matter of fact, there’s many times I’ve stated that it’s NOT superior to many other more expensive actions, learn to fucking read before running your cockholster. Nor did I ever say that about OCL or Dead Air. Fuck off.

Last edited:
Eat a fucking dick dude. I never once said it was the best thing ever or superior to anything, other than factory actions, nor did I say that about OCL or Dead Air. Fuck off.

200.webp

Hmmm
, I’ll have to run my action hard and see if I have any failures so far it’s been great…

Only time I had issue was trying to fit a AW and MTD magazine in a hunter stock….

I may have to put something somewhere to get the magazine to sit a little higher I believe

The other magazines have worked out fine

Here's a few groups from today out of my "garbage" Solus .25 Creed with a Proof barrel... These were the only 2 groups I shot today, the first one was after re-zeroing my Vortex Razor Gen3 that I had to send to Vortex for manufacturing defects leading to focus and lens issues, but the scope they sent back to me is absolutely incredible...Night & day difference. I can actually focus on the reticle and the target at the same time now. 😂

First group was the the immediate (no cooling down) 7 shots following the 3-shot sight-in. The second group was the last 5 shots of the day, after letting it cool completely down. I'll take 0.3 to 0.4 MOA 5-shot groups all day long out of this rig. I still need to adjust the windage left about .1 MILs to get it fully centered up on the bull, but I'll deal with that next range trip. It's close enough for right now.

image_cropper_396964E2-F8D1-43E6-9B0C-FDE8D543DA50-10219-00001A7F5677549C.jpegimage_cropper_5778DA93-270F-417B-8F4C-1F100B7DEC98-10219-00001A80781EB6BB.jpeg

Older group I shot after finishing up load development about a month ago...

image_cropper_82957909-02CC-4CB4-A8F4-86DB98C26A8F-485-000002A84CC08B50.jpeg

Reactions: drewthebrave
Here’s a 10 shot group from my Solus 6.5C at 202yd with OEM barrel. I’m quite content with its performance. Sample of one, but I don’t have any of the feed issues the angry commenter has raised. Bolt was reasonably smooth out of the box, and now after maybe 1000 rounds is quite enjoyable.

I snagged mine during the pricing error sale last Black Friday which was $1100 all in for the Competition model. This is the best price I’ve seen since.

Attachments

• D3AEC11E-2A9B-4251-9157-28918284D8C2.jpeg
    D3AEC11E-2A9B-4251-9157-28918284D8C2.jpeg
    364.6 KB · Views: 12
Here’s a 10 shot group from my Solus 6.5C at 202yd with OEM barrel. I’m quite content with its performance. Sample of one, but I don’t have any of the feed issues the angry commenter has raised. Bolt was reasonably smooth out of the box, and now after maybe 1000 rounds is quite enjoyable.

I snagged mine during the pricing error sale last Black Friday which was $1100 all in for the Competition model. This is the best price I’ve seen since.
Yeah, I missed that deal last year by like 15 minutes because work got me sidetracked... But I was able to snag one a few weeks ago all-in for $1,450, so I'm not upset about it. They're waiting on triggers before they can ship them... I told the guy I was just going to snatch it as soon as I got it home anyway, but he said their system won't let them ship it without being complete, so I'm still waiting on it to ship out. And apparently there was an issue with the Solus Pistol .300 BLK barrels, so I'm now over 3 months on that wait...And counting down. 🤦🏼