• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Ai ax 308

valentine

Private
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2008
Germany
Hello,

I´m about to order an AI AX 308 with a 16" foreend tube.
But I´m wondering about the incline angle of the rail.
Would you go 0 MOA for the rail and get the angle in the scope mount or get a flat scopemont and a 30 MOA rail.
Please state why choosing one or the other.

Thanks
Dan

I would get a 30 MOA rail because it would be removed less frequently and securely attached and true to your receiver. My guess is that it's probably less expensive too unless you have those burris signature zee rings in mind (which I probably wouldn't recommend if you're looking to get an AIAX).

If you're thinking about something like the Spuhr mount, I doubt that you would be able to recognize any variation in your shooting one way or the other. If it was me, I would have a canted rail and a level mount simply because the rail doesn't often come off the receiver.

Last edited:
I had this issue when I ordered my AW's , there was no AX option at that time and the "pic" rails had 0 cant on them, no big deal because AI and now SPUR produce the mounts with various levels of inclination
built in. I wanted an inclined rail because I wanted to use a Hensoldt 3-12x56 SSG-P scope which has a built in quick release attachment, with a flat rail it was really a no go, too much elevation lost due to the flat rail. The German G22 rifle as it is called which is an AI in 300 Win.Mag was supplied especially for them with an inclined rail so they could mount the SSG-P. Go for the inclined rail, you can always order a SPUR mount with 0 MOA, or use whatever rings you choose.
just my "2 cents"