AI AX drop safety

sidetoss20

AX
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2022
NJ
New AI owner, 2017 AX. Dropping the gun directly on the buttstock from a height of 6-12” onto hard floor indoors makes it fire. Consistent across standard and comp trigger. Doesn’t happen when on safe. Adjusting pull weight screw on standard trigger didn’t help.

Is this normal, and if not, what could I look at adjusting to fix this?

New AI owner, 2017 AX. Dropping the gun directly on the buttstock from a height of 6-12” onto hard floor indoors makes it fire. Consistent across standard and comp trigger. Doesn’t happen when on safe. Adjusting pull weight screw on standard trigger didn’t help.

Is this normal, and if not, what could I look at adjusting to fix this?
Nothing to do with pull weight, its "sear engagement" If you're not familiar with adjusting triggers call someone. Good Shooting, see you at the range

Reactions: taliv
In case anyone stumbles upon this thread in the future, I reached out to Mile High who redirected me back to AINA. Gave them a call and they were very helpful. Very responsive via email. It ended up being modifications made to both triggers by the previous owner(s), which were fixed and triggers reset to factory standard. I’m receiving the rifle back today.

Reactions: Vivacious Stallion