• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

AICS stock and accuracy???

JC Steel

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2008
Washington State
I bought an AICS 2.0 stock that I will be putting on my Rem 700 and am wondering if this stock will (could)hurt or improve accuracy(maybe stay the same)? I know from reading some threads you can get some better accuracy from stocks by bedding and getting a better quality stock. Some advice and experience would be greatly appreciated. Thanks-Jake

Re: AICS stock and accuracy???

generally they improve accuracy... but bedding them makes them even better in my experience. I've bedded 4 of them because they didn't fit just right as a drop in. It just takes a skim bed.

Take the skins off and see if there is light between the recoil lug and chassis. Also take turns torquing the receiver screws by themselves to see if there is play in the action.

I had actually inquired w/ Flounder at GAP about it some time ago. I guess it's a good piece of mind while your rifle is there to get it done. One thing is for certain; it doesn't hurt!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mbandy13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Two out of my three are skim bedded, They shoot very well.

mike </div></div>

Hey Mike,

Can you post pics of your bed job? What is a 'skim' bed vs regular bedding? I started a l thread here for my AICS home bedding job:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1047564#Post1047564