• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

AICS vs CTR Magazine Feed Lip Dimensions

bnewman424

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2020
This has been covered in this thread but wanted to throw in my .02 and my magazine dimensions for others to reference.

Pre-cursor: I'm new here, I'm new to long range, understand the theory but have about zero practical application so take it for what's is worth. Basically I love math and just wanted to weaponize it.

Just got a Tikka T3x CTR in 6.5CM setup with a new KRG Bravo Chassis that takes AICS mags (I will miss you smooth feeding CTR mag). CTR mag in the factory stock ran smoothly. Received two KRG mags without binder plates as part of the order. One mag fed alright(ish), the other didn't feed well at all (to be fair I was not ripping back on the bolt very hard which when I started to alleviated some of the problems.) Round would pop nose up and the bolt wouldn't catch a round.

Mag dimensions: Right out of the box I measured all of the KRG mags and the CTR mag to see what the dimensions were which are as follows:

Tikka CTR Mag:
Front: .414"
Middle: .410"
Rear: .415"

KRG Mag 1: (fed well out of box)
Front: .411"
Middle: .410"
Rear: .412"

KRG Mag 2: (not so great)
Front: .403"
Middle: .406"
Rear: .407"

For reference the feed lips are range from .140" - .150" off the side walls of the AICS mags so they were pretty well centered.

Since reading the other post I figured this may be a problem feeding 6.5CM out of .308 mags I preemptively ordered the MPA feed lip tool which helped greatly in adjusting the feedlips. I adjusted both my mags to around .415" or .416" to more closely match the CTR mag and they seem to work pretty well.

Just thought I would throw this out there, your mileage may vary. Thanks