Allen Precision Shooting (Kirby Allen) Website Up

ELR researcher

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2011
www.elr-resources.com
Thought Kirby would never do it. But, out of the blue, he has today (9/24/2011) announced on LRH that his site is up - http://www.apsrifles.com/Home_Page.html. I've looked it over and it is full of good info about his prodcut line and services. The LRH intro piece (http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f17/finally-allen-precision-web-site-opened-public-78359/) also provides info on what is yet to come. Both the intro post and site are well worth a look - especially the Allen Magnum Wildcats page - check out those specs!

I've updated my pages (rifles, actions, muzzle brales, gunsmiths, and cartridges) accordingly.

Re: Allen Precision Shooting (Kirby Allen) Website Up

Ah...where does the "would never buy one" come from in regards Kirby Allen? I have never seen one bad word posted about him or his company (which is, as best I know, just him). Certainly NOTHING to suggest he is someone to leave his customers high an dry.

FYI, all the posts I've seem that address the amount of business he has - which seems to be the reason most companies go out of business - note that he is typically backordered. That was why he had, for many years, said he was not going with a website - because he was concerned he couldn't support the extra business in the time frame he felt was fair to customers.

So, unless you have some specific concerns about Kirby Allen/Allen Precision Shooting, please post "general" concerns you might have about gunsmiths in a separate thread. Thank you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cali_tz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">pretty cool site and nice looking guns. I am impressed by all his wildcat cartridge work, but I would never buy one, and it''s not a money issue. I don't want to be stuck with a rifle whose builder has gone out of business and I can't get parts or brass for it. </div></div>

All of his wildcats are based on standard brass readily available. Anybody with a bit of loading experience for wildcats would not be concerned.

I've had a few of Kirbys rifles and I will stand behind him and his work any day. He's also a great guy and willing to help anyone...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cinch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've had a few of Kirbys rifles and I will stand behind him and his work any day. He's also a great guy and willing to help anyone... </div></div>

yup... had a 338 Edge done by him. TACK DRIVER ! very well built !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A friend of mine had one of his rifles in .375 Allen Magnum, built around a BAT action. It was an amazing shooter! </div></div>

One of the nicest rifles I own,:)