• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Android shooting/realoading app

T762

Private
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2011
I'm a CS student, and am thinking I'd like to develop an all in one shooting app for the community. I would like it to function as a shooting/realoading log book for shooters. I would like to make it to do the following (provided its within my skill limits)

-track reloads (performance, recipe, brass uses)
-track each rifle shot (what you might put in a log book)
-create drop tables based up on bullet and velocity
-track progress (improvement)
-provide reports on the above data
-export data to excel
-mil range calculator, with drop estimates taylored to your rifle.

What you you guys think? What would you like to see?

I'm thinking I can do this for credit in a few of my higher level courses.

Thanks,
Clay

Re: Android shooting/realoading app

Being a new long range shooter and new to reloading, I think an app like this sounds great! I don't know of much more to add, but I think you are on the right track for Android users!

On the reloading side, It would be nice to have an inventory of the brass, primers, powder, bullets, and completed rounds that I have on hand. That came to mind when I was making a shopping list for the last gun show.

I am not an Android user but would love to see something as comprehensive as this for the Iphone. I currently have apps that track/log loads and their trajectories and ones that show costs over reloads for those recipes. Good stuff.

I have a application/website under development with many of the said features already done, and more. Smart-phone clients would be a later feature to be used at range and on the field.