• Frank's Lesson's Contest

We want to see your skills! Post a video between now and November 1st showing what you've learned from Frank's lessons and 3 people will be selected to win a free shirt. Good luck everyone!

Create a channel Learn more
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Anschutz

Btrain

Shooter up!
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2013
KS
I’m feeling really dumb for having to ask... I just assembled a new 1416 and can’t get the bolt in. When I depress the bolt release it doesn’t have an effect -Help! Feeling pretty stupid

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 127
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 114
I actually had the same issue when I got my Anschutz, but eventually figured it out. Try pushing the bolt release forward towards the muzzle while simultaneously pulling the trigger and inserting the bolt at the same time. Hope that helps.

Winner winner chicken dinner.... I pulled the trigger and it went right in. I was afraid to pull it and damage something - always been told not to dry fire a rim fire. Holy smokes is the trigger feel light - no idea what it measures but it is really lite to me

Thanks gents

I’m feeling really dumb for having to ask... I just assembled a new 1416 and can’t get the bolt in. When I depress the bolt release it doesn’t have an effect -Help! Feeling pretty stupid

Thanks

Don't feel dumb.... Same thing for me. Took me five minutes to get it in. My 1416 has a 5098 trigger... 175 / 450 gr. yours should be set at 180 gr. ( 6.3 oz. )

How do you like your impressive set-up? Afraid I don't have your kind of cash. I do like my new tuner.

Attachments

• DSC09765.JPG
    DSC09765.JPG
    399.1 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC09854.JPG
    DSC09854.JPG
    407.7 KB · Views: 63
  • Z2.jpg
    Z2.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 52
  • Z1.jpg
    Z1.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Z4.jpg
    Z4.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Z3.jpg
    Z3.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 38
  • Z6.jpg
    Z6.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 46
  • Z7.jpg
    Z7.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC09858.JPG
    DSC09858.JPG
    496.5 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC09859.JPG
    DSC09859.JPG
    459.8 KB · Views: 62
Btrain, do you know if the stock on your Annie is available to purchase after the fact? I have a 1416 and would like to have an adjustable comb stock and have never seen those stocks available as an aftermarket item.

p.s. how do you like your 1416?

Last edited:
Btrain, do you know if the stock on your Annie is available to purchase after the fact? I have a 1416 and would like to have an adjustable comb stock and have never seen those stocks available as an aftermarket item.

Hello Monster..... I was just at Boyd's stocks and they offer a decent looking Pro Varmint wit adjustable comb. I was looking at the blue one, with the high gloss finish. I have two Annie's with the short barrels. ( 18" ) and did not want the stock to be too long on the muzzle end. I even had some brakes made up to make the gun a little longer. The Boyd stock for my short action is about 1.5" longer than the standard Annie stock shown. I'm off to the CZ 457 section now.

Attachments

• DSC09859.JPG
    DSC09859.JPG
    459.8 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC09860.JPG
    DSC09860.JPG
    438.8 KB · Views: 39
AirGunshawn - I saw a miniature Sharps single shot rifle in .22RF at SHOT several years ago - might even have been the 1st SHOT I attended in 2005. Is that what your little Sharps in the photos is? Beautiful rifle!

Hello Flatland,

I have also seen a .22 caliber Sharps on the net. It looked like a hoot to shoot. Mine is actually a full bore 45-70 and I have a Buffalo Arms, Dave Crossno insert to convert it to .22 lr. I just ordered a Hi-Lux Malcolm 6x for it the other day. I hope to have it before Saturday so I can shoot with Brittany. It should look about like the last photo which is a stock photo. thank-you.... it is a very nice gun and thus far, it still is very near to LNIB. Flawless. At 1.50$ minimum to fire the 45-70, it just made sense for me to buy the insert. It allows me to get all of the shooting enjoyment I want. And the 45-70 kicks a bit even with an 11 pound gun. I was looking at a Quigley type with the color case hardening.. I'm glad I got this one.

Attachments

• DSC09864.JPG
    DSC09864.JPG
    496.2 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC09869.JPG
    DSC09869.JPG
    585.7 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC09865.JPG
    DSC09865.JPG
    561.5 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC09867.JPG
    DSC09867.JPG
    328.7 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC09868.JPG
    DSC09868.JPG
    527 KB · Views: 59
  • BRITTANY.jpg
    BRITTANY.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 68
  • E.jpg
    E.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 64
  • lfm634321b.jpg
    lfm634321b.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 52
Hello Flatland,

I have also seen a .22 caliber Sharps on the net. It looked like a hoot to shoot. Mine is actually a full bore 45-70 and I have a Buffalo Arms, Dave Crossno insert to convert it to .22 lr. I just ordered a Hi-Lux Malcolm 6x for it the other day. I hope to have it before Saturday so I can shoot with Brittany. It should look about like the last photo which is a stock photo. thank-you.... it is a very nice gun and thus far, it still is very near to LNIB. Flawless. At 1.50$ minimum to fire the 45-70, it just made sense for me to buy the insert. It allows me to get all of the shooting enjoyment I want. And the 45-70 kicks a bit even with an 11 pound gun. I was looking at a Quigley type with the color case hardening.. I'm glad I got this one.
Sorry, the 2nd and 3rd photos from bottom are stock? Not bad for your catch! She shoot as good as her look?

Sorry, the 2nd and 3rd photos from bottom are stock? Not bad for your catch! She shoot as good as her look?
Sadly she does not shoot as good as she looks.... All Britt needs is practice. She has time that I don't. I just bought her a Kimber for her birthday on 3/13.... I'm going to her parents house on Saturday for a cookout and will bring some long guns for use all to shoot. People enjoy shooting when they do well. Britt was actually very ill in the photo with the dog. She has captivating eye's. She is also my dearest friend.

Reactions: TXBO
So you know Dave Crossno - what a coincidence! He did a lot of work on a Win High Wall for a friend of mine that I used to shoot BPCRS with. He turned an old original high wall into a beautiful 40-65 for my friend, who then sold it to me after he'd gotten into a Stevens 44-1/2. I took one or two photos of that high wall with my first quality digital camera, but none of them came close to displaying the beauty of the wood on that rifle. Enjoy your 45-70 - I still recall watching those big-assed 500+gr 45 cal cast slugs disappearing out the top of field of view while I was spotting for my shooter while shooting at the rams at 500M - only to come back into view as they arced down towards whichever ram we were trying to hit. The arc of the 525gr 45 cal lead bullet was pretty high, and made it hard to give my shooter a call on whether he was high or low as the bullet came down at what looked like a pretty steep angle.

I sold the high wall after both the guys who'd gotten me into BPCRS quit the black powder game - often wish I'd have kept it, but used the proceeds to build a Palma rifle on a Nesika K, and had a lot more success & fun shooting that rifle over the years.

So you know Dave Crossno - what a coincidence! He did a lot of work on a Win High Wall for a friend of mine that I used to shoot BPCRS with. He turned an old original high wall into a beautiful 40-65 for my friend, who then sold it to me after he'd gotten into a Stevens 44-1/2. I took one or two photos of that high wall with my first quality digital camera, but none of them came close to displaying the beauty of the wood on that rifle. Enjoy your 45-70 - I still recall watching those big-assed 500+gr 45 cal cast slugs disappearing out the top of field of view while I was spotting for my shooter while shooting at the rams at 500M - only to come back into view as they arced down towards whichever ram we were trying to hit. The arc of the 525gr 45 cal lead bullet was pretty high, and made it hard to give my shooter a call on whether he was high or low as the bullet came down at what looked like a pretty steep angle.

I sold the high wall after both the guys who'd gotten me into BPCRS quit the black powder game - often wish I'd have kept it, but used the proceeds to build a Palma rifle on a Nesika K, and had a lot more success & fun shooting that rifle over the years.

Flatland,
Actually, I don't know Dave, I have only spoken to his wife. Dave died two years ago. I called another company about their insert and they told me that I should buy Dave's as it is a better unit. How often do you hear that. Dave's website has a beautiful 44 1/2 shown.
The engraving was done buy a master engraver from Colt. I try and make certain my guns are dialed in so that everybody enjoys the shooting experience. I is way more fun when they do well. Having dynamic or exploding targets helps too. It is instant feedback. So many guns, so little time.

Winner winner chicken dinner.... I pulled the trigger and it went right in. I was afraid to pull it and damage something - always been told not to dry fire a rim fire. Holy smokes is the trigger feel light - no idea what it measures but it is really lite to me

Thanks gents

The 5098 trigger is 6oz on the first stage and 2oz on the second stage for an 8oz total trigger weight. It is a PHENOMENAL trigger that will make you spoiled quickly.

Those Blonde target stocks were an overun a few years back (2014-15) that Anschutz-NA were able to acquire for the US market. I recall they only had about 100 of those 1416 rifles available at the time. The stocks were never sold individually in the US to my knowledge.

Mine is awesome and super accurate other than a pronounced cold bore flyer issue, which negates it being a hunting rifle. :(

The 5098 trigger is 6oz on the first stage and 2oz on the second stage for an 8oz total trigger weight. It is a PHENOMENAL trigger that will make you spoiled quickly.

Those Blonde target stocks were an overun a few years back (2014-15) that Anschutz-NA were able to acquire for the US market. I recall they only had about 100 of those 1416 rifles available at the time. The stocks were never sold individually in the US to my knowledge.

Mine is awesome and super accurate other than a pronounced cold bore flyer issue, which negates it being a hunting rifle. :(

View attachment 7066831
What ammo does yours like? Still trying to figure mine out - haven’t had much time lately

What ammo does yours like? Still trying to figure mine out - haven’t had much time lately

I mainly stick with SK Standard. Back during the rimfire drought of 2013-15 I was buying just about any case of SK I could lay my hands on. Needless to say I have several lot#'s to choose from and test. My two Annies (1464 & 64MPR) have both been a bit more persnickety finding a specific lot# than any of my CZ 452's and 455, or Win52's. I also found out that for maximum accuracy both my Annies preffered to be cleaned every ~150 rounds. I never clean my CZ's or Winchesters. Good luck, YMMV

Thx gents... I will try them both... I only had mine out once so far and tried a few different ammo’s - honestly wasn’t impressed at all. New to the .22 target stuff and was kinda expecting a one-holer out of the gate with this rifle. I’ll keep working it

I have a 1416 HB and have the first shot flyer issue too. Not a big deal. This past weekend, I tried Lapua Center-X and it's the best shooting so far. Will buy some more. Have tried SK Pistol and Rifle Match, Wolf Match Extra, Eley Club & Target and some cheaper rounds, with the Wolf shooting the best (made by Lapua IIRC) until trying the Center-X.

I like the OP thought I would be getting one hole groups at 50 yds. out of the gate, but no joy. Starting to get 3/8" - 1/2" 5 shot groups with this Center-X. Much more consistency group to group than the other brands. I only shoot outside, so wind is a factor, but it's a fun journey!

p.s. Anschutz's 5098 two stage trigger is just awesome!!

I have a 1416 HB and have the first shot flyer issue too. Not a big deal.

Out of curiosity how bad is your CB flyer issue? Mine is 1in to 1.25in POI from POA at 50 yds and takes 2-3 shots to walk back to POA.

A good buddy also has a 1416 HB that is 2 digits newer than mine but has zero CB and it shoots lights out.

However it won't eject SK consistently so he has to shoot RWS brand ammo.

Out of curiosity how bad is your CB flyer issue? Mine is 1in to 1.25in POI from POA at 50 yds and takes 2-3 shots to walk back to POA.

A good buddy also has a 1416 HB that is 2 digits newer than mine but has zero CB and it shoots lights out.

However it won't eject SK consistently so he has to shoot RWS brand ammo.

Try his RWS ammo, the lube is different and stays more consistent after cooling, I only get one shot .1 mil low on CB with RWS and most others are double or more that.