• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

any news 2009 ITRC in Wyo

Re: any news 2009 ITRC in Wyo

The Redells shot great, congratulations! Cooley and Voight winning is getting boring but they are a hell of a team. A number of changes (more barrel-friendly) to this year's match over years past. I don't know why this match seems to remain below the radar for a lot of people as it is one of the most fun, difficult, and realistic of any I know of. Hope more of you Washington shooters come over next year.
Best,
James

As I predicted, James and his partner against Cooley/Voight at the onset of the team V Team shoot off, low and behold I was right...

As always, good seeing you again James!

Aug ><>

James,Aug,
I made her back home in one piece. Only took a case of oil from Casper. Think I've got a broken oil ring.
Back to the subject,while not part of the match I think it's worth mentioning that Augustis made a cold bore shot on the 1 mile target with his 50 cal. Second time ever hit with a 50 and I think Dave said 1st time ever hit cold bore! Nice shooting Aug.
Good seeing you again James, You'll have to come up when I get more steel hanging.
TRGR

It was a good match, as always a good test of man and gear. It was fun shooting the Texas Star with the carbine during the shoot-off, sad that they had to go to the abbreviated shoot-off format, but I guess it was the only fair thing to do.

The gulley course/shoothouse remains one of the funnest events in any match, and that includes the wild MGM Ironman.

I agree with James in wondering why this match doesn't fill every year, I guess some would find it intimidating, but I find it an excellent way to see what you can do under pressure and time time constraints in field conditions.

Had an invite to be able to observe/ sort of help out with the match. Would have loved to seen it. Sounds like my kind of match.
Augustus, Excellent shooting with an excellent spotter. Trgrman spotted for Augustus, I've seen Joe in action spotting and he would be my #1 one choice as a spotter.
Joe, to bad your partner is such a good shoot he couldn't make it
wink.gif
Augustus filed me in a bit on that. You two would be scarey competative.

Maybe next year for me, maybe. My twins are born and work is catching up a bit.

Montana

I really did not want this accomplishment circulated honestly, and further I have been at a loss on what to say since my spotter blew the whistle on me...

Yup, that is a fact, Joe is one of the best spotters in the business, not to mention a damn good marksman himself! I believe in the bigger picture tho, a man named Dean Michaelis deserves the lions share of the credit for my successful effort in this area, for his dedication and extensive writing to advance ELR shooting employing heavy rifles. The math corrections on my sights were all Michaelis, Joe, with his vast experience was the man on the glass reading conditions and calling corrections on the sights as I prepared to break the shot that as it turned out set a new rocord I have been told, in light of I was the one fortunate enough to be on the trigger when everything went right for us that afternoon... I can hardly take all the credit!

Thanks Joe for being on my 6 & Dean (If you ever read this) for the data in your book that made a shot like this possible in the first place!

Aug ><>

Was really looking forward to shooting this match. With a little luck Trigger and i will get there next year. Aug/Trigger you showed alot of people what alot of us have known for quite some time, that Trig. is amazing on glass(can shoot with the best when not there) and Aug can practice what he preaches. i am glad you have the recognition, as much as you weren't looking for it, (Why i like it that much more)you deserve it
Nice job to both of you.

Hi all,
I'm new here & I have some questions about this match. My brother & I would like to attend next year but I don't know who is best to ask or talk to. I found a guy on Brian Enos forums that shot this match but he wouldn't reply to my questions. Is there anyone here that can help me or direct me to the right person?
thanks a bunch for any help!
Mark Miller

Thanks Scott,

I will try to get hold of Dave L. on the phone in the next few days.

Anyone here have any stage stories or details on things you saw/did/shouldn't have done in the match? Neither of us has any experience in this type of shooting competition so advice or suggestions are all welcome.

MLM

Mark
Welcome to the forum! DL travels a lot these days performing training in some cases out of Country. If you do not hear back from him right away would not be unusual, or indicate he is blowing you off. The ITRC is what I consider to be the best UND field shooting event that exists.

Aug ><>

Thanks Augustis,

It sure looks like a good time in the pictures & all that. Fortunately starting to pursue info this early for next year's match should give us plenty of time. At least I hope so.

I understand some of the details off the website but some of it is over my head. Do you carry all your gear/ammo/etc. for the entire match through each stage or just the equipment you need for that particular stage? Does the carbine guy "spot" for the Long range guy & vice versa? Does the carbine guy ever shoot the long range rifle? I have a 20"AR, is that still a carbine? I have lots of questions, guess I better start getting them organized. I'm really surprised the match doesn't fill up, as it sounds like a great time.

MLM

I WAS AT THE ITRC, ALTHOUGH I WASN'T PRESENT WHEN THEY HIT THE MILE TARGET, I HEARD ABOUT IT AND I MET "AUGUSTIS" AND JOE THE TEAM WHO HAD HIT THE MILE SHOT COLD BORE. THEY WERE OUR R.O.'S FOR THE COMPETITION AND WE STRUGGLED TO SAY THE LEAST, THEY WERE VERY HELPFUL AND SPENT ALOT OF TIME HELPING US AND WE WATCHED THEM ON THE RANGE, THERE COMMUNICATION AND PROFESSIONALISM WAS IMPRESSIVE TO WATCH.

I WAS USING MY BORS SYSTEM ON A .270 RIFLE. I HAD PROGRAMMED THE MUZZLE VELOCITY THAT WAS GIVEN BY WINCHESTER FOR THE AMMO THAT I WAS SHOOTING AND I WAS CONSISTENTLY SHOOTING HIGH AT ALL TARGETS BEYOND 500 YARDS. I LATER FOUND THAT WITH MY HART 30" BARRELL THE AMMO THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MOVING 3050 FPS, WAS ACTUALLY MOVING 3550 FPS WHEN SHOT THROUGH A CHRONO...IT ALL MAKES PERFECT SENSE NOW...LIVE AND LEARN. I THOUGHT THERE COULD BE A SLIGHT DIFFERENCE WITH THE CUSTOM BARREL, BUT NOT 500 FPS...HOLY CRAP!

I HAD A REMMINGTON MODEL 721 RIFLE THAT MY DAD HAD GIVEN ME RE-BARRELED AND HAD THE ACTION BLUE-PRINTED, IT TURNED OUT REALLY NICE...JUST HAVE TO GET SOME MORE TRIGGER TIME WITH IT. I JUST ORDERED A SCOPE, A LEUPOLD 4.5X14X40 SO I CAN QUIT SWAPPING THE BORS UNIT ON AND OFF THE FIFTY. HERE IS A FEW PICS OF THE .270.
helicoptershoot001.jpg

270pics001jpg.jpg

270pics005jpg.jpg

270pics008jpg.jpg

270pics006jpg.jpg

THE HELICOPTER SHOOT WAS BITCHIN....HERE IS SOME PICS OF ME AND MY LITTLE BRO AT THE CHOPPER EVENT
helicoptershoot014.jpg

WALKIN AWAY AFTER SPRAYIN AND PRAYIN INTO THE PRARIE!!! GOT THREE HITS, LITTLE BRO GOT 7, I THINK THE WINNING TEAM HAD 13 HITS TOTAL.
helicoptershoot007.jpg

LITTLE BRO TAKING OFF
helicoptershoot013.jpg

GETTING READY TO TAKE OFF, WHAT A RUSH!!!

I competed in both 2004 and in 2009. ITRC is challenging and a lot of fun. You will meet some great guys.
Encourage to put a team together and compete in 2010.

My brother and I are planning on attending again this year. It was a very cool experience and we met alot of very skilled shooters and they were very down to earth and helpful as we are new to the competition world.