• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Anyone ever make a 80% or scratch made 10/22?

Ghilly

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2019
Anyone ever make a 80% or scratch made 10/22? I am thinking about trying to make one some how. There is some kits but it seems a fairly simple design.

The 10-22 has the most Mod parts of any gun. But it can be a Very,Very deep rabbit hole, you can sink tons of money in. But everyone needs a 10-22. I have 2 10-22 now. I have a all Kidd Supergrade and a Ruger Target with a Kidd 2 stage trigger. Before you jump in, price buying new or used standard 10-22 and build from there. Then price something like a complete Kidd barreled action ( around $600 ) and go from there. The trigger is what jacks up a Kidd build ( 2 stage trigger is $300 ) but is the best 10-22 trigger made. One thing the Kidd action gives you, that no others offers, is a rear anchor. Target is in a blue stock, the is KIDD is in a Titan stock with rear anchor.
Good luck
Mark

Attachments

• B8A3D9DB-6B65-49D5-8999-25E89AA31485.jpeg
    B8A3D9DB-6B65-49D5-8999-25E89AA31485.jpeg
    444.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0534.JPG
    IMG_0534.JPG
    456.7 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: Rover31
Can become a money pit if your not careful but on the other hand your ahead to build it as you want. I've seen alot of people buy used ones for dirt cheap and make nice builds from those.

If you are trying to save money by doing an 80% its not really worth it anymore. If you have a mill or access to a mill, you can do an 80% far more precisely than a Ruger. I don't think the jig and cheap drill bits are going to get you there but if you drill and then do a fimal ream on the holes you can end up with a pretty nice piece. Don't have any experience with one of the stainless 80's but my only thought is that it has potential to be awesome and shorten the life of your tooling. The regular 80's can be a very satisfying project unless you are a real machinist-Norcal911

I am def not a real machinist. I am a handy guy but not talented enough to make a scratch built mill receiver. At least I think not. As with lots of guys that like to make 80% its fun and not always about getting the cheapest.