• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Anyone have an opinion about this rifle?

CrewDawg

Private
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2007
Wyoming
I found an old Ranger Stevens 416 target rifle for sale, and was wondering if anyone here has fired one and had an opinion on the rifle? I did a google search on the rifle and it sounds like a good rifle, however like to get others opinions first. Any information or opinions will be appreciated.

Re: Anyone have an opinion about this rifle?

I have a Stevens 416. I am not sure if Ranger is different from what I owned. Had a heavy barrel, 28" long. When I got it used the barrel had been cut to 20" and the sear had been butchered. Once I got the trigger adjusted, the rifle was a very good shooter. I think my CZ 452 shoots a little better but it would be very close. I would shoot it first if you can. I like the screw adjustment for trigger pull weight. I put an overtravel in the trigger guard and had a pretty good trigger pull. They have 2 small set screws on the edge of the trigger to get rid if slop in the trigger pull. I put in metal shims in stock so these screws would quite digging into the would and solved the problem for good. I liked the rifle.

david

Re: Anyone have an opinion about this rifle?

Thank you, the rifle is the same as the Stevens 416 just sold as a Ranger through Sears. I was wondering how the shot becuse I can't test fire it first. The price is good, and the rifle is in very good condition for its age. I have been looking for a full size .22 to practice with and can't aford a 40x, so looks like this is going to be my new rifle. I was also considering a MK2 but they seem a little small.