• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Member Link Up ANYONE in Illinois??

Re: ANYONE in Illinois??

Where in IL are you at?

I live on the south side and I have access to land, atleast right now, that may change soon but I'm talking to some other friends to see if I can open up some more options.

I'm planning on going out this weekend at my house if your interested let me know.

I'm not as well set up as I could be but w/e shooting is shooting.

Ya you might want to run while you still can.

Me and my family are thinking about moving to TX cause IL sucks so much on so many levels.

Unions, politics, gun laws, you name it, it's all F'ed up in IL.

But hit me up reguardless and we'll go shooting if you got time this weekend.

I'm thinking Saturday would be nice but I may have to work so I may end up going on Sunday.

Hell with as nice as it's been I may even shoot after work today, as long as the rain holds off.

I didn't think we even had that much going for us.

I mean we did give the nation are current president, that right there should put us at the top of the shittiest state list.

That doesn't even factor in all the other corruption & problems we have.

Well shooting this weekend out here may change, the weather guys are saying it's going to rain now through Sunday.

If the rain holds off we could probably still shoot one of the days but it isn't looking very good.

Damn and I I've been wanting to get this set up before I loose my field to shoot in.

I'm going to get my stands for my steel set up tonight/this weekend so we'll have them to shoot at when we get a chance.

I looked up the town of Morocco and it's atleast 45-1hr away from me, probably more like 1h45min to 2hr for you to get down there.

I heard of a range in North central IN that goes to 1k but I think you have to be a member and it looks like a few hour drive too.

Me and Tom, another member I met here on the Hide, met up yesterday after work and shot out at my place at my AR500 that I just got together.

It my first time shooting steel and it was alot of fun, I'd like to do it more often.

One problem with my land is if we want to take far shots it's best done from the loft of my cousins barn and you have to carry all you gear up there.

It's not too bad but it get old after awhile but it's what we got for now.

One other problem with shooting out of the loft is only one, maby two if we trim a tree, can shoot at a time.

Your welcome to come out the next time I have people out.

Which will hopefully be next weekend if it's nice and I go out and buy more .300 ammo, cause I shot all I had yesterday.

Also this was my first time shooting out past 200 yds.

I made two hits on a 12" round at 750yds, first hit was on my third shot, my guest-a-mated dope was off a bit, i was .6 mils high initially and I didn't account for the slight wind adjustment.

Wind was gusting at like 30mph from like 1:00/1:30, so I needed to come .5mil right and "Ding" I was on steel.

It was pretty exciting for me anyway.

Especially considering I'm shooting the cheapest hunting loads I can find most of the time.

I made the hit's at 750 with Winchester Super X Max Bonded, which is the nicest ammo that's been through my gun so far.

Eventually I plan to start reloading, hopefully soon but I've got alot of stuff I still need to buy.

Lebowski, I am in Joliet if you are saving your brass I could help you start working up a load, just need dies as I do not do 300 win mag but I have a variety of suitable powder/ projectiles

Ya I've been saving all my brass for every thing I shoot.

That would be awesome, I've got everything I need except the dies.

I've got:
Powder: H1000
Bullets: 208 Amaxs, 125gr nosler ballistic tips and a ton of 150gr hornady SP's
Primers: Federal & Winchester magnums

I should be good to go for the Amax load, I'm not sure what powders I'd need for the 125's or 150's though.

I guess I'll be ordering some redding dies tonight.

Funny thing is I work in Joliet so I'm there every day except weekends.

Hit me up in PM and let me know when you got some time, it'll probably take a bit to get the dies in though.

I'm in Aurora and normally go to Wisconsin to shoot, but places are limited for longer than 300 yds. I wouldn't mind coming out and shooting. I have all the equipment for reloading 300, 30-06, and 308.

I'm currently try to develop a hunting load in my 300 for a Montana Elk hunt I'm going on this fall. I just loaded 2 (10) round ladder test loads with 180 Accubonds and RE22. It's an interesting round to shoot, but is a bit of handful in lighter hunting platforms.

Out West of Aurora they have a range that goes to 600yds I believe, but I think you have to be a member to go, not positive though.

Their is someone here on the hide that is involved over there, all the info is in the other post for IL in the link up section.

Ya, my .300 weighs like 17-20lbs so it's not too bad, no break but with the rifle that heavy you really don't need one.

I'm going to loose my feild for shooting in soon so I'd like to get as much use out of it while I can, after the corn comes out I'll be out there again in the fall/winter.

If I can either get some rounds loaded up for this weekend or just go out and buy a box or two, I'd be up for having people out, asuming the weather's going to be nice and I don't have to work.

Alright if the weather holds up I'm going to have people out tomorrow, so if any one wants to come/needs directions just give me a call. 1815-482-9805

I might not check back here before tomorrow morning so calling would probably be the best way to get ahold of me.

If it looks shitty tomorrow morning when I check the weather again then I'll let you guys know.

I'd like to be shooting by 8:00am but I got a feeling I won't wake up until at least 8:00 if not later, we'll see.

For now I'm planning on shooting by 9:00am and I'll see if I can get up early enough for that.

Give me a call today if you read this and plan on coming out.