• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Anyone running a Bushnell Match Pro on a B14R?

flatsix-

Enthusiastically confused
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2020
Hey all,

On the Bushnell website it says that zero can be achieved at 25 yards with a 30MOA rail. Wondering if this has been everyone's experience? I tried using a 40MOA rail and was still hitting 1.25" high at 50 yards with the scope bottomed out. Interestingly, I can dial 19 mils to the top. Claimed total elevation is 18 mils on their site.

Thanks for any input you provide.

40 MOA = 11.6 Mils which is greater than the ~9 Mils of downward adjustment the scope has from center. Switch to a 30 MOA rail or adjustable rings like Burris XTR if married to that rail.

When choosing a canted rail the scope needs to have at least double that amount of adjustment to zero at "normal" distances for the cartridge.

Even Bushnell couches the 25 yard zero claim with "most" rifles.

40 MOA = 11.6 Mils which is greater than the ~9 Mils of downward adjustment the scope has from center. Switch to a 30 MOA rail or adjustable rings like Burris XTR if married to that rail.

When choosing a canted rail the scope needs to have at least double that amount of adjustment to zero at "normal" distances for the cartridge.

Even Bushnell couches the 25 yard zero claim with "most" rifles.

How you explained it is how I understand it. Prior to the 40, I tried a 30MOA and was almost 3 inches high at 50 so I am thoroughly confused. I have a 20MOA on a centerfire gun that still has plenty of down elevation. May try switching just to level set.

How you explained it is how I understand it. Prior to the 40, I tried a 30MOA and was almost 3 inches high at 50 so I am thoroughly confused. I have a 20MOA on a centerfire gun that still has plenty of down elevation. May try switching just to level set.
What brand rails are you using? Were there any fitment issues with them?
FWIW a friend did get a mislabeled rail from KIDD that lead to a similar issue, once I compared them side by side you could see that the "0" was really 10 MOA. Stuff happens.

The 30 was an EGW HD, the 40 an MDT. No fitment issues. I could probably put the calipers on the front and back to see the difference.

Got back out to the range today with a 20MOA rail. Ended up zeroed at 50 with 3.8 mils of down left. So about 13MOA? The 30 I had before must be defective.

I am running a Bushnell Match Pro ED on a Vudoo Gen1 w/ 30 MOA rail and 1.18" high rings. I have no issues with a 50Y zero and still have 2.5 mil below my zero available. You must be running some tall rings or have something else going on.

I am running a Bushnell Match Pro ED on a Vudoo Gen1 w/ 30 MOA rail and 1.18" high rings. I have no issues with a 50Y zero and still have 2.5 mil below my zero available. You must be running some tall rings or have something else going on.
Rings are 1" high. Has to be a faulty rail. Or mislabeled.

Rings are 1" high. Has to be a faulty rail. Or mislabeled.

It's two different scopes. You have the original Match Pro and they have the Match Pro ED.

It's two different scopes. You have the original Match Pro and they have the Match Pro ED.

Didn't spot he was posting about the ED but my statement still holds true. Garbage rail isn't a 30MOA. The silver lining is I had 10 MILS of down on my 6 creed that I had never addressed so the 40 I bought fixes that :)