• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Anyone use Ragged Hole Barrels?

Habituallinestepper

A dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude
Minuteman
Supporter
Mar 6, 2018
In light of PVA's black friday delays and Proof cancelling my latest order, I'm scrambling for a Savage or Origin pre-fit. Anyone have experience with Ragged Hole Barrels out of Sparks, NV? Can't find a lot of info on the Wilson blanks.

Open to other suggestions as well.

I gambled on a .224" 8 twist No. 4 contour. I chamber my own barrels so I don't forfeit the labor costs on a potential lemon. I cannot speak to Ragged Hole's prefits.

That said, this Wilson will do about .5MOA at 200 yards in a SAAMI .223 Rem chamber with 69 and 77 SMKs, and about .7MOA with Nosler 85 RDFs. I bought another for rebarrleing a friend's rifle since it seemed to work just fine for being half the price of a Bartlein or Krieger. I'm just a hobbiest with some decent tools in his garage so maybe "Professionals" can do a better chamber job.

I have a 224 and a 6mm the 224 is chambered in 223 ackley and is probably the most accurate barrel I have shot sub.5moa 10 shot group. The 6mm is chambered in dasher and have just started with loads but it has been under .75with 4 different loads. Both barrels are #4 LV

I cant remember 5 or 6 shot group wilson barrel from ragged holes bought blank smith did work. 6.5x55 i have had 3 of there barrels and all shot lights out. Cant see difference in that to my bartlein ect.. Had another in 6.5x55 and 1 in 280

Attachments

• 20190727_164645.jpg
    20190727_164645.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 35
RAGGED HOLE BARREL COMPANY SUX!!!
So I just wanted to share something that happened to me with this company. I placed an order online for a barrel and for an email confirmation the order was submitted. Then 20mins later I get a call the barrel is out of stock and it is unknown when more will be available. So I ask to cancel the order and I’m told I need to send an email with my order number and there is restocking fee for an item I didn’t even receive. So I bought a blank sporter barrel for $175.95 And was refunded 150$ so I lost $25.95 because they didn’t have a barrel in stock this makes no sense to me and I won’t be doing business with this company again.

Seems like I’ve heard of another not-so-very-well-thought-of outfit getting pretty famous for doing that around here.
Baffling how these people stay in business. You’d think they’ve never been on the internet......

Reactions: Mendoza0311
Ragged Hole Wilsons are what I use for practice barrels. You could probably compete with them but they aren't quite in the same league as Bartlein, Proof, Rock Creek, Brux, Krieger, etc..

.1-.15 MOA worse on average IME, not horrible, especially for the price.

Reactions: Mendoza0311
RAGGED HOLE BARREL COMPANY SUX!!!
I placed an order online for a barrel [...t]hen 20mins later I get a call the barrel is out of stock and it is unknown when more will be available. So I ask to cancel the order and I’m told I need to send an email with my order number and there is restocking fee for an item I didn’t even receive. [...S]o I lost $25.95 because they didn’t have a barrel in stock...
What happened when you contacted the company about your experience seeking a refund for the "restocking" fee?

What happened when you contacted the company about your experience seeking a refund for the I was just told there is a fee for canceling the order all he could say was I wouldn’t get 100% refund there was an up charge is the work he used.
What happened when you contacted the company about your experience seeking a refund for the "restocking" fee?
I was told there is an up charge for a returned or cancelled item. But since the item was never in stock you would think I would get 100% refund back. Idk I won’t waste my time with this company anymore.

Contest the charge with your CC company. That's BS. A "restocking" fee on things not in inventory or delivered is not the same as a "cancellation" fee. Even then, a $26 cancellation fee is BS if they don't advertise things as being in or out of inventory at the time of purchase.

They set me up with a Remage 1:7 twist barrel in 223 about 4 years ago. I put it on a factory action that was box stock without any truing or blueprinting.

Originally I had it in a Magpul Hunter stock and it shot .7's, then I put it in a Boyds and bedded it, and now it shoots in the .5's. It isn't a top end barrel but neither is the price. I want to try it on a Defiance Tenacity next.