• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Anyone using the falkor 7even action?

I really considered one but went with a Zues instead. They look great but there were not many prefit options

I've got one but it's down by Manners for the fitting to a stock. For my son and will be in 6GT.

Overall quality....I can't pick it apart at all. Standard Remmy threads so if you wanted to do a Remage drop in set up I don't know why you couldn't.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels
I like the chassis Falkor Developed for it

I've got one but it's down by Manners for the fitting to a stock. For my son and will be in 6GT.

Overall quality....I can't pick it apart at all. Standard Remmy threads so if you wanted to do a Remage drop in set up I don't know why you couldn't.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

That’s nice to hear!! It looks like a quality action at a price that’s pretty fair here in Canada compared to some of the other big names like lone peak, impact, defiance, terminus for example. Something like the impact is at 2100 range and the falkor coming in at 1750

It's put together. Caliber is 6GT.

As a note to everyone...if you run this action in a Manners chassis stock and similar...you need to put a little bedding in the recoil lug area. The lug on the receiver the way it is machined is a tad different.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

Attachments

• Falkor action.jpg
    Falkor action.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 390
I've been using the Falkor 7even action for a short while already this year. One match with it, another coming up in a week.

Nothing negative or any criticism of the action yet. It's smooth, fit great in the Magpul Pro 700 chassis, and no issues with accuracy.

It's a really nice action!

Attachments

• PXL_20210627_153749261.jpg
    PXL_20210627_153749261.jpg
    619.2 KB · Views: 300
It's put together. Caliber is 6GT.

As a note to everyone...if you run this action in a Manners chassis stock and similar...you need to put a little bedding in the recoil lug area. The lug on the receiver the way it is machined is a tad different.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

Looks great frank! Can’t wait to see a report on it after some use and hope it works out for you and the boy!!

Reactions: Frank Green
I've been using the Falkor 7even action for a short while already this year. One match with it, another coming up in a week.

Nothing negative or any criticism of the action yet. It's smooth, fit great in the Magpul Pro 700 chassis, and no issues with accuracy.

It's a really nice action!

I’m excited to get my hands on one

The machining on the one I played with in the office was excellent (not surprise). But I felt like the bolt lift was much more stout than some 90 degree competitors. And it also made no sense to me why they moved away from the Impact thread pattern; I dont want that goofy remage style nut boogering up a streamlined, well-machined aesthetic piece of metal with an integral recoil lug.

The machining on the one I played with in the office was excellent (not surprise). But I felt like the bolt lift was much more stout than some 90 degree competitors. And it also made no sense to me why they moved away from the Impact thread pattern; I dont want that goofy remage style nut boogering up a streamlined, well-machined aesthetic piece of metal with an integral recoil lug.

Slightly confused here, impact doesn’t require a nut?

Reactions: Frank Green
So get a shouldered barrel.

On the one we have I was going to post how smooth the bolt cammed and the lift wasn't overly heavy either. You can run the bolt smooth and fast in my opinion.

Remage style nut? Um...? I'm missing something.

I did a heavy palma contour on his gun. Set it up like normal. Look at the picture.

For now it has a CG Extreme trigger in it.

Reactions: M77
So get a shouldered barrel.

right, that’s the option. They’re not just laying around on shelves though (at least not yet), like would be an option if they stuck with impact thread style. Impulse buyers like me don’t like waiting for barrel blanks to get machined, we just want it now when we think about it…

Slightly confused here, impact doesn’t require a nut?

Frank said to use a remage drop in on the Falkor, presumably because of wide on the shelf availability of remage over shouldered prefits for the Falkor thread pitch. I was saying I don’t want that gigantic nut interrupting what is otherwise a beautiful piece of work (on a Falkor). It would have made more sense to me for Falkor to stick with the original plan of using the same shouldered prefit spec that impact uses (no nut!) so prefits would be widely available literally on day one that the action hit the market.

Reactions: Matt_3479
right, that’s the option. They’re not just laying around on shelves though (at least not yet), like would be an option if they stuck with impact thread style. Impulse buyers like me don’t like waiting for barrel blanks to get machined, we just want it now when we think about it…
Why didn't Terminus use Impact thread style. Or ARC. Or Kelby's. Or Zermatt. Different company, different specs. Shit happens like that. That being said, there are already companies doing prefits.

Why didn't Terminus use Impact thread style. Or ARC. Or Kelby's. Or Zermatt. Different company, different specs. Shit happens like that. That being said, there are already companies doing prefits.

don’t know and don’t care, and I don’t think those other guys ever planned on using (and advertised using) the impact thread pitch like Falkor did before changing course. I’m not trying to change your mind or even have a discussion, just giving my opinion on Falkor changing it’s plans. Time will tell what works out best for all these guys.

don’t know and don’t care, and I don’t think those other guys ever planned on using (and advertised using) the impact thread pitch like Falkor did before changing course. I’m not trying to change your mind or even have a discussion, just giving my opinion on Falkor changing it’s plans. Time will tell what works out best for all these guys.

I heard once they planned on using impact or lone peak thread but never knew they advertised it. That’s a bit annoying I guess

Frank said to use a remage drop in on the Falkor, presumably because of wide on the shelf availability of remage over shouldered prefits for the Falkor thread pitch. I was saying I don’t want that gigantic nut interrupting what is otherwise a beautiful piece of work (on a Falkor). It would have made more sense to me for Falkor to stick with the original plan of using the same shouldered prefit spec that impact uses (no nut!) so prefits would be widely available literally on day one that the action hit the market.
No I didn't say to use a Remage drop in on the Falkor.

What I was saying there is it's news to me that they came set up for the Remage type barrel. My action didn't come with a barrel nut or anything like that.

We fit it up as a standard shouldered barrel. Thread spec's are standard Rem style.

Standard Remmy threads so if you wanted to do a Remage drop in set up I don't know why you couldn't.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels
maybe I misunderstood what you were trying to say here. I was basically replying that I would never want a Remage style nut boogering up the aesthetics of the action (not to mention stock inlet issues) and that it didn’t make sense to me for Falkor to get away from possibly the most common shouldered prefit thread spec in the marketplace, especially when that’s what they planned on originally.

maybe I misunderstood what you were trying to say here. I was basically replying that I would never want a Remage style nut boogering up the aesthetics of the action (not to mention stock inlet issues) and that it didn’t make sense to me for Falkor to get away from possibly the most common shouldered prefit thread spec in the marketplace, especially when that’s what they planned on originally.

I don't know what remage has to do with anything.

Send the action to your gunsmith of choice, have him save your tennon specs, and every future barrel is a "pre-fit".

It's not that difficult. No remage required.

Reactions: jhutch3313
It isn’t like hitting the easy button on a shouldered prefit from your choice of top gunsmiths, but whatever. This isn’t an argument, I’m not trying to convince you or anyone else of anything. I’m simply giving my opinion. Falkor made a pretty action but it could have been made a little more practical, just like they planned for originally.

It isn’t like hitting the easy button on a shouldered prefit from your choice of top gunsmiths, but whatever. This isn’t an argument, I’m not trying to convince you or anyone else of anything. I’m simply giving my opinion. Falkor made a pretty action but it could have been made a little more practical, just like they planned for originally.
There are already companies doing shouldered prefits. That tells me that as long as you have prints, anyone smith can do it.

Looks great frank! Can’t wait to see a report on it after some use and hope it works out for you and the boy!!
The scope finally came for the rifle in early November (Razor GenII 3-18x). I put it on the gun and we shot it on Nov. 13th.

First time out we only put 14 rounds on it. Go easy on the barrel and put a good zero on it. My kid did all the trigger work and scope adjusting. I told what to make for adjustments. At 117 yards the thing just shot small dots!

I gave him the dope for the 400+ yard target. I told him just to watch the wind flag and let him pull the trigger on the next 3 rounds. He shot a .334MOA group with the rifle at over 400 yards.

Then the next weekend deer hunting started and now Christmas.

I'll say it's a hammer and good to go!

Later, Frank