Anything to the Rumor .....Hornebar Made .408 cases

Not to sure about the rumor, but a few months ago I got in touch with a company in Germany that was willing to sell/ship me brass from Germany. The only thing is they were about 10.00/piece. I lost interest as that price.

I would be interested in the price was reasonable.

I will edit the post after I look through my email and find the company, if I still have the mail.

Edited

It was Reimer Johannsen GmBH

[email protected]

Last edited:
Yes it is. That is why I lost interest in buying them.

So for the time being I'm just going to stay with the Bertram brass I have.

One of my friends makes a trip to Germany here and then. I asked him if he could possibly locate some brass on his next trip. I will see what happens.

I just found the invoice and looked it over. They come out about 144 euro for 10 cases. So about 18-19/ case. (Sorry I was going by memory, is always better to have the facts) The primary reason was that there is an export permit and other fees.
Germany is changing and if I'm not mistaken, everything firearms related requires a export permit as there are laws now about exporting military firearms and equipment.

I think if you ordered a large order it would be worth it. But the brass is about 4.00 each and you would have to get 3-4 times the use out of them to make it worth the added expense. (that is my opinion) The permit was right at 40 euro and the shipping was 34 euro.

The lead time was 5-6 months. Payment was due up front.

If you need projos, I have a place that gives a little better price on the Rocky Mtn 420's. Just let me know.

Last edited: