• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Anzio Rifles

I've heard of them and seen their 20mm Vulcan bolt action rifle but have also never heard of any real world feedback. Would be interested to see if anyone here has ever had one.

I owned an Anzio Arms "Idaho Lightweight" .50BMG for years. Not many rounds through it but it was a solid single shot rifle. Well machined and for a 12 lb .50BMG shot very well.

I owned an Anzio Arms "Idaho Lightweight" .50BMG for years. Not many rounds through it but it was a solid single shot rifle. Well machined and for a 12 lb .50BMG shot very well.

12 pounds has got to be interesting to shoot.
The 40 pound ones give me a bit of pause before I shoot them, I'd not sure I'd be up to testing what the recoil on a 12 pound one felt like.
What was your impression of shooting it?

The rifle was designed to meet max weight limits for a hunting rifle in Idaho. I never hunted with it but it was certainly packable even with optics and bipod. The fish gill muzzle brake was very effective and aside from the enormous concussion was not that bad to shoot. 18" barrel.