• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Ar-10 barrel change

Reactions: panicking00
With the g2 you're prone are very limited already and now you're trying to change it to a niche caliber. A place like craddock might be willing to do it if you provide the reamer
And to directly answer your question. No you can't just take the extension off the g2 and screw it on to a standard ar10 barrel

Reactions: panicking00
With the g2 you're prone are very limited already and now you're trying to change it to a niche caliber. A place like craddock might be willing to do it if you provide the reamer
And to directly answer your question. No you can't just take the extension off the g2 and screw it on to a standard ar10 barrel
Thank you that is the answer I was looking for. Will have to call a couple of other barrel makers

Defense-Depot sells GII barrel extensions individually. And if you have one made by someone who is unfamiliar with the GII, the barrel tenon is fluted from the breech to forward of the extension.
I did see defense depot is backordered on the barrel extension.

Send your current barrel to a gunsmith or barrel manufacturer that does 375R and have them chamber and thread a barrel using your take-off extension. Try Xcaliber. You may be making this way too hard

I think this might be the best option.

I will see what places like craddock and xcaliber have to say about it.

Thanks to all