• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site Updates Coming Soon - We're Updating The Homepage!

We've got some exciting changes coming, check the thread below for more info!

VIEW THREAD

AR carry handle scope mounts

mosin46

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2010
florida 32621
here's another loaded question. does anyone know or have + experience with any carry handle scope mounting hardware and rail. just thinking about leaving a carry handle one of my flat tops with maybe a red dot or low powered scope mounted.yes,i know not a preferred setup but just wondering about what's been used successfully,if any. have used them a few years ago with poor results. tx for replies.

This is a generic one (A.R.M.S copy) and it’s been great. It’s hollow so you can still use the irons through the mount.

80069020-5DBF-4809-8369-DCEBB423AA4D.jpeg

Reactions: S197 and LRRPF52
Works ok. Army used to use a crane style mount and it worked good enough. They used other styles in other parts of the service as well. One like attached was popular with some units.
37514A65-1EEC-49F6-9C0F-512ACA9C309D.jpeg

Reactions: S197
We just received a batch of original ARMS mounts for Aimpoint Comp and PRO. We are putting it on a CAR-15 type build. Looks like we will have more to sell as mounts. It was a special retro build they did.

DSC_0771.JPG

This looks kind of cool from Brownells, no experience with it tho:

I've used a b square mount with red dot. It's pretty much chinweld. I probably still have the mount somewhere; haven't seen it in 15+ yrs.

here's another loaded question. does anyone know or have + experience with any carry handle scope mounting hardware and rail. just thinking about leaving a carry handle one of my flat tops with maybe a red dot or low powered scope mounted.yes,i know not a preferred setup but just wondering about what's been used successfully,if any. have used them a few years ago with poor results. tx for replies.

What you want to do is so freaking sub optimal that I have to ask.............why do you want to do this?

I mean, I would understand the question if you had an A2 upper. But it's not like you lack the ability to mount an optic the optimal way.

In Iraq (OIF1/OIF2), I had a Leupold handle mount, for my NVG-Friendly Red Dot. It worked really well, as sighting was via a relaxed posture, and kept my sideward field of view unobstructed by the stock. Perfect for dealing with rooms full of unfriendly people.

What you want to do is so freaking sub optimal that I have to ask.............why do you want to do this?

I mean, I would understand the question if you had an A2 upper. But it's not like you lack the ability to mount an optic the optimal way.
I agree. WHY!