• We're Extending The Deal: Get 30% Off Your Sub With Code HIDE30

We're only offering the deal for another 24 hours!

Subscribe

Arca/dove tail rail on Manners? Area 419?

bikeracer

Formerly Robb57
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2011
Guys - I’m looking to put a dove tail rail on my Manners PRS2 and I’m thinking the Area 419 ‘bolt on’ solution looks pretty slick - it bolts to the bottom metal and existing bi-pod mounts. I’m also thinking of getting their Atlas QD with barricade stop.

https://www.area419.com/product/arcalock-univ14/

Would appreciate any feedback on these products - or how you’ve resolved.

Thanks -

I just put that exact setup on my PRS1, and I really like it so far. Fits perfectly, and the clamp locks up great on the rail. Haven't had a chance to get it to the range yet, but in using it on my practice barricade, it's been very solid.

Following this thread for info. I am putting together my 1st rifle on a manners stock now and am considering adding Arca.

Do you guys find yourself bringing in the bipod closer to the action fairly regularly, or just a once in awhile thing?

They fit the PRS stocks perfectly
C4996AD8-21DC-4208-AEAD-D8AFD61BCA55.jpeg

Reactions: rydah
Check out the offerings from sawtooth rifles.
Email them or message on Facebook.
High quality stuff coming out of there shop and all there rails are specific to your application instead of a one size fits all approach.

Can one of you with the 419 rail setup post some pics of the *bottom* of the fore-end - maybe showing how exactly this thing attaches?

I've got a build in progress, and I *think* I understand how everything is going to bolt together, but it'd sure be nice to clarify before the final order goes through ;)

Thanks! (y)

So it uses the front action screw as the attachment point at the receiver end? Any issues/interference with the DBM? I'm looking at a Seekins M5 DBM in a McM A6... if I'm understanding things correctly this would attach via the front action screw, and then the two mounting bolts for the front pic rail on the stock would attach thru the slotted section?

Reactions: Stoweit
I have installed a 14" Area 419 universal dovetail rail on a Manners T3 stock with CDI DBM bottom metal and a FN-SPR action. My stock had two front sling studs and the rail mounted using the supplied allen screws to replace the sling studs and the front action screw as the rear attachment point. The difficult parts were 1) finding a longer FN-SPR/Win 70 action screw which I found from Midwest Gunworks, and 2) the barricade stop part of the rail makes it difficult to get a screw bit in at the right angle to torque the action screw down without stripping the screw head. The longer action screw was only available in a flat blade screw head, not allen or torx, and I had to trim the screw length to get the right length. Also since the T3 doesn't have a completely flat forend, I also had to use a couple of plastic washers as shims to take up the space between the rail and the DBM metal. If you have a Manners T6 stock, the forend is really not flat and Area 419 makes a spacer for that stock to fill the space. I also find that I don't really need or use the barricade stop part of the universal dovetail rail and the 14" rail sticks out beyond the end of the forend. If I was doing it again I would order the 12" flat universal dovetail without the barricade stop.

https://www.area419.com/product/arcalock-12/

@m1match that was kind of the direction I was thinking (i.e. bare rail sans barricade stop) as the DBM I'm getting has some checkering/knurling on the front lip to kind of serve as a barricade stop anyway - though by the time I stack an Arca rail on the bottom of the fore-end I'm not sure how much of that 'lip' is actually going to be functional. Figure I can always add a stop back there later if needed.

You don't have to use the action screw if you don't want to, though I like having the stop. it doesn't interfere with the Manners setup and I didn't have have anything else on the fore end as I wanted to do it myself. I'll be putting the supplied T nuts where I want them. I like the 14 inch length as it lets you put the bipod out just a little further. The 12 in won't extend past the front of the stock. I keep extra bolts on hand for action screws and trim to the length I want them. Pretty easy to get online and order what you want. I've got low profile allen, regular allen and torx. Cheaper than buying a specific screw for a specific action and it only takes a few minutes to trim it with a dremel. Double up a couple nuts to clamp it and then run them up and down a couple times after you smooth the end of the bolt.

Last edited:
Tnank you Spiche, because of the spacers needed to take up the gap between the Area 419 rail and the DBM, I needed to order the longest action screws available from Midwest Gunworks, which were 1.787" long and I trimmed them a little. For other stocks, the 1.5" cap screws from McMaster Carr might work and the long screws from MGW were only available for flat blade screw head, while I would prefer an Allen head screw.

Last edited:
We are installing the RRS std dovetails on most all stocks with great results. If you need anything from us on installation or guidance let me know and we'll be happy to help anyone out on this. We see a lot of the Area419, Henderson, Sawtooth, and RRS versions along with others. None have shown to be a problem.

Here to help if you need it!

Thanks for weighing in Robert. How would you recommend installing a picatinny - or dovetail - on the butt section?

Last edited:
Thanks for weighing in Robert. How would you recommend installing a picatinny - or dovetail - on the butt section?
We have done a few on the rear ends and they usually use an excussion that is bedded into the stock. On the front anchors are easier to install and work well. We can do stuff on the rear but just a bit different on installation

Here is a photo of an Area 419 Universal Universal Dovetail Rail (pre Arcalock) mounted on my Manners T3 stock. On the T3, only the back of the stock by the front action screw is not level with the rest of the forend so I used two plastic washers as shims to take up the space and torqued the front action screw down. The front of the rail is anchored by two allen head screws where the two sling studs used to be.
IMG_2982.jpg

Last edited:
FWIW - the correct length action screw for a Manners stock with Badger DBM 5 is 1.5” - the 1 3/4” that was supplied was too long and the original 1” was way to short. 419 actually too the time to grind a screw for me in the right length. Nice guys. They sure make nice stuff.

Reactions: RobertB
Instead if starting a new thread I figured I'd ask on this one. I have a manners t4a and wanting to have a small/lightweight/unobtrusive way to interface with my new mk2 soar tripod with anvil head on this new rifle. I dont want or need a 14" full length ARCA rail... I just want a small arca rail in front of the magwell/barricade stop. I know there is a 4.25" option, but it's really made for being used on the foreend where you'd attach a bipod. I want to have the arca rail where its sort of center of gravity. ANy ideas what options I'd have?