• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Night Vision Are 1.75” diameter suppressors visible in low powered thermal scopes like Pulsar Trail XP50?

See2Hunt

Private
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2019
Are the larger diameter suppressors (~1.75” diameter), like the Q suppressors or Dead Air Nomad, visible in low powered Thermal scopes like the Pulsar Trail XP50 (1.6x zoom)?

If so, how much of an issue is it and would you recommend buying a smaller diameter (~1.5”) suppressor?

Are the larger diameter suppressors (~1.75” diameter), like the Q suppressors or Dead Air Nomad, visible in low powered Thermal scopes like the Pulsar Trail XP50 (1.6x zoom)?

If so, how much of an issue is it and would you recommend buying a smaller diameter (~1.5”) suppressor?
You can always jack your Thermal up.

That's what I do and I got all kinds of stuff in front of my Thermals.

Reactions: cschastain2
@WhereNow&How, I use a riser as well. You will otherwise see the heat at the bottom portion of your display which is only a little annoying.

If you put a Peq in front of a Reap at 2.5x for example, you can see it as well. Risers solve all problems and don't significantly impact your cheek weld.

The first picture is after 4 shots with a Sig SRD338 on a 338 Federal, the 2nd is after 3 shots with an old 30P-1 on a 30 WSSM, both through the same XP50 at 1.6X. I don’t usually burn enough rounds when hunting to really heat my suppressors, but from what I’ve seen from several 1.5” suppressors and my only 1.75” (a 2nd is in jail), I don’t see a lot of difference. The body of the suppressor is not actually visible (no can’t on my ARs) heat from both will be visible at base magnification after even 1 shot, more rounds will make it more visible. I’ve never gotten mine hot enough to be a problem. I believe the cartridge you’re firing & barrel length will likely make more of a difference than suppressor diameter, but that’s just a guess.

E7522176-CF16-4417-9BCC-78117710505F.jpeg

DC52933E-6338-4244-B4B7-B974DA8FFD1B.jpeg