• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Are Meopta Scopes any good?

rbs7500

Private
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2021
Australia
Hey all,

My local Gun Store primarily deals MyOpta and Athlon.
With my Scope Budget being around $1000 Australian, it would come down to either the Athlon Argos 6-24 or the Meopta Optika6 4.5-27.

I can't find any reviews on Meopta scopes on YouTube and get the impression that they're not hugely popular.
Dpes anyone have any experience with these scopes? Which would be the better buy?

I was initially set on a Vortex Strike Eagle and they're available at a store a few hours away/Online, but I figured it'd be nice to purchase my first rifle and scope in store and have it all kitted up, then drive straight to the range for bore sighting and zeroing. Am I losing out by going with one of these Scopes over the more popular Vortex?

I just want to make sure I'm heading in a good direction. If not I'll make the trip to the other store and buy a different brand.

Thanks

Last edited:
XS5k8r1.jpg

CqEia30.jpg

They're excellent. Even their budget line, Optika6, punches way above its price point in terms of clarity and brightness. This is a Meopta Optika6 4.5-27x50 I mounted on my Ruger American Rimfire Long Range Target. It's not the prettiest thing to look at but, in typical Czech fashion, is very overbuilt and works extremely well.

Reactions: Darayavaus
XS5k8r1.jpg

CqEia30.jpg

They're excellent. Even their budget line, Optika6, punches way above its price point in terms of clarity and brightness. This is a Meopta Optika6 4.5-27x50 I mounted on my Ruger American Rimfire Long Range Target. It's not the prettiest thing to look at but, in typical Czech fashion, is very overbuilt and works extremely well.
Awesome thanks for that. The rifle I'm getting is a 6.5 Creedmoor Tikka, do you think it'll make a good optic at the longer ranges?

It looks fine to me. I like your stock too.

Reactions: GoggledIt
Awesome thanks for that. The rifle I'm getting is a 6.5 Creedmoor Tikka, do you think it'll make a good optic at the longer ranges?

It looks fine to me. I like your stock too.

Appreciate that. I don't see why it wouldn't work well on a Tikka (T3?) for long range. They make the Optika6 in a 5-30x56 that would also be a great choice for 6.5 Creedmoor. There's a lot to like about the Optika6. Windage and elevation adjustments provide very tactile feedback that leave no doubt about whether or not you really clicked them. Parallax adjusts from 25m to Infinity.

Reactions: rbs7500
I have the Tikka Super Varmint 6.5 Creedmoor.
Love that rifle.
I know two guys that have Meopta scopes, they seem to like them.
Nice I'm tossing up between the Super Varmint and CTR. I was initially going to get a plain Varmint, then I realised that by the time I buy a Scope Rail, have the muzzle threaded and get a larger bolt knob, I'd have been able to buy a CTR that comes with all that without all the hassle. Am I right that the CTR comes with a 24" barrel? And is there any difference between the CTR and Super Varmint stocks?

Sounds like the Meopta is a fine option.

Reactions: GoggledIt
Appreciate that. I don't see why it wouldn't work well on a Tikka (T3?) for long range. They make the Optika6 in a 5-30x56 that would also be a great choice for 6.5 Creedmoor. There's a lot to like about the Optika6. Windage and elevation adjustments provide very tactile feedback that leave no doubt about whether or not you really clicked them. Parallax adjusts from 25m to Infinity.
I think the 5-30 is a little out of my budget but the 4.5-27 should do just fine. However the Athlon is $325 cheaper than the Meopta. Is the Meopta $325 better than the Athlon?

Nice I'm tossing up between the Super Varmint and CTR. I was initially going to get a plain Varmint, then I realised that by the time I buy a Scope Rail, have the muzzle threaded and get a larger bolt knob, I'd have been able to buy a CTR that comes with all that without all the hassle. Am I right that the CTR comes with a 24" barrel? And is there any difference between the CTR and Super Varmint stocks?

Sounds like the Meopta is a fine option.
Super Varmint has the rail mount provided, no thread for a brake, though it's not really necessary with the gentle recoil of a 6.5 Creedmoor.
CTR has a different magazine, threaded barrel and stuff.
Both are nice rifles.
As for scopes, get the best you can, and decent scope rings.
Meopta don't have all the fruit that more expensive scopes have, but it will certainly get you started.
Regardless of which Tikka you get, I have every confidence that you will enjoy it.

Super Varmint has the rail mount provided, no thread for a brake, though it's not really necessary with the gentle recoil of a 6.5 Creedmoor.
CTR has a different magazine, threaded barrel and stuff.
Both are nice rifles.
As for scopes, get the best you can, and decent scope rings.
Meopta don't have all the fruit that more expensive scopes have, but it will certainly get you started.
Regardless of which Tikka you get, I have every confidence that you will enjoy it.
Yeah true if I don't really need the brake I should just go the Varimint as I don't think I need the adjustable cheek either. I've fired a mates Varmint and everything felt like it lined up just fine.

Alrighty, I'll have a look through the Argos and Optika6 in the store and make a decision from there. I do save a whole lot more if I go for the Argos.

I have several of the R1 and R2 scopes, and a number of the meopros. they are excellent.

for light gathering, the meostars dont match my S&Bs and high end zeiss scopes, but they are still excellent. and for the money, the meopros are far, far better than the similarly priced leupold vx3i. FAR better.

I would also say the same is true for the Optika6. I shot with mine for the first time on Saturday and at 16x magnification, it was considerably sharper than the VX3i that I have on my Steyr Zephyr II.

Reactions: Darayavaus
I can't find any reviews on Meopta scopes on YouTube and get the impression that they're not hugely popular.
Dpes anyone have any experience with these scopes? Which would be the better buy?

Meopta riflescopes (and binoculars and spotting scopes as well) are very popular in Western Europe.

I have a Meostar R1 1,5-6x42 RD on my primary hunting rifle and I am very pleased with it.

Very good optical quality, high light transmission and a very helpfull red dot in the reticle.

I have no personal experience with the Meopta Optika6 product line.