• #0001 Limited edition launch patch (only 200 available)

Grab a limited edition patch and use code AMERICA24 for 20% off all merch

Grab your patch

Area 419 autotrickler upgrades

I like the clear lid and self centering tray and cup. The cup is also better at containing large weights of powder than another metal cup I bought a couple years ago.

Their hopper is too tight to go on my V3 right now, but I’m thinking a little sanding will take care of that.

Reactions: Mark Watson
The area 419 stuff is great but to be honest, it's not really needed with the V3 upgrade. I'm only using the platen, cup and trickler base now. Oh yeah.... and the clear lid.
Screenshot_20191028-173250~2.png

I’ve got the V2 with all the 419 bells and whistles and like the upgrades. Got an email from 419 this afternoon for this:

Nice surface plate, btw.

if you plan on using ball powders, you’ll probably want to ditch the glass powder cup in favor of an aluminum one. Those fine flakes just stick to it, it’ll drive you nuts. Even after wiping down with a dryer sheet.

Once I upgraded to v3 I ditched all the 419 accessories except the lid and the plate for the scale. Though I don’t think the plate matters much. The lid is the only 419 accessory I’ll use with my new full v3 kit that is on the way.

I use all the v3 accessories including the glass cup, the upgraded straw and the trickler base. They all work perfectly for me

Reactions: DrewC
The area 419 stuff is great but to be honest, it's not really needed with the V3 upgrade. I'm only using the platen, cup and trickler base now. Oh yeah.... and the clear lid.
View attachment 7172732

I notice you too write the weight on your powder cup. I have been telling people on this forum for a while to do this. Makes it great to tell when you need to re-calibrate the scale.

Reactions: MACHTECH
Maybe you can help me with some tips to get mine dialed in that well. I usually over throw by 1-4 Kernals every 5-6 cases

As per the instructions, set the throw around 2gr under target.

Use the elevation/angle adjustments to set the trickler to drop .5gr per second (1gr per 2sec).

Setting the trickler up for the prescribed flow rate eliminated most all of my overthrows.

Reactions: 47guy and MACHTECH
Maybe you can help me with some tips to get mine dialed in that well. I usually over throw by 1-4 Kernals every 5-6 cases

follow the instructions in the book that comes with the V3 then fine tune it from there....disable the auto throw set the target weight to 3 grains set your pan and adjust the ramp speed until the trickler will drop 3 grains in 10-12secs then adjust the tilt until the trickler will drop 3g accurately in 10-12secs every time.
this should be really close to perfect then you can fine tune on the fly...i can make mine drop in 7-8sces but the over throws get worse the farther i get away from 10secs

a couple of things ive found with mine...
you need to adjust the rear foot so the tube is slightly up...to much or to little will cause over throws...also if running the stock base on the trickler pull the tilt screw out and put a couple of wraps of tread tape around the screw...this helps it fit tighter and keeps it from going out of adjustment...mine was a pretty loose fit.

the ramp down speed is important...
the faster my trickler ramps down the more accurate it is..by ramping down faster i mean that it runs full speed then slows down and stops very quickly it does not sit there and run slowly/jerky trying to drop the last couple of kernels...when it runs like that it always drops 3 to 5 kernels...the ramp down lever on mine is pretty touchy just a little movement makes a difference.

there is no way that your going to completely eliminate ALL the over throws you just minimize them as much as possible...id say out of 100 throws most of mine are 1 kernel under..dead on or 1 kernel over and maybe 1-3 over by 2+ kernels.

Last edited:
I think they're worth it, the trickler base is beefy and stable, the clear lid let's you see, the plate and cup that self center makes things easy, have all their stuff for my v2 just ordered the little hopper upgrade and cap.

Eventually I'll upgrade the auto throw to v3 but I'm only using stick powder so for now it's fine.

follow the instructions in the book that comes with the V3 then fine tune it from there....disable the auto throw set the target weight to 3 grains set your pan and adjust the ramp speed until the trickler will drop 3 grains in 10-12secs then adjust the tilt until the trickler will drop 3g accurately in 10-12secs every time.
this should be really close to perfect then you can fine tune on the fly...i can make mine drop in 7-8sces but the over throws get worse the farther i get away from 10secs

a couple of things ive found with mine...
you need to adjust the rear foot so the tube is slightly up...to much or to little will cause over throws...also if running the stock base on the trickler pull the tilt screw out and put a couple of wraps of tread tape around the screw...this helps it fit tighter and keeps it from going out of adjustment...mine was a pretty loose fit.

the ramp down speed is important...
the faster my trickler ramps down the more accurate it is..by ramping down faster i mean that it runs full speed then slows down and stops very quickly it does not sit there and run slowly/jerky trying to drop the last couple of kernels...when it runs like that it always drops 3 to 5 kernels...the ramp down lever on mine is pretty touchy just a little movement makes a difference.

there is no way that your going to completely eliminate ALL the over throws you just minimize them as much as possible...id say out of 100 throws most of mine are 1 kernel under..dead on or 1 kernel over and maybe 1-3 over by 2+ kernels.
So you are saying the faster it stops trickling the more accurate it is? I’ve been going the opposite. I’ll try to speed it up a smidge. I have an area419 full set up but mine is a v2 but I got the Bluetooth adapter. I use a folded thick business car under the front feet of the trickler with the adjustment screw all the way in ( I just added that and it slowed it a bit but it’s way more accurate) I’ll try and bump the speed up a bit, and see where that gets me

Slow it down if it's overthrowing by adjusting the slider.

Mine overthrew out of the box till I adjusted that now it's +/- 1 kernel 99% of the time

Occasionally ill reset it when the autothrow binds and doesn't dump correctly. Otherwise it's dead nuts.

So you are saying the faster it stops trickling the more accurate it is? I’ve been going the opposite. I’ll try to speed it up a smidge. I have an area419 full set up but mine is a v2 but I got the Bluetooth adapter. I use a folded thick business car under the front feet of the trickler with the adjustment screw all the way in ( I just added that and it slowed it a bit but it’s way more accurate) I’ll try and bump the speed up a bit, and see where that gets me

How long does it take to trickle a grain? Getting the timing down to what they suggest in manual is what solved 99% of my overthrows.

I bought the clear lid but it's been sitting outside for 18 days and I think the protective layer is glued on. Did anyone else have any issues removing the glued paper that protects the lid when 419 ships it to you?

I bought the clear lid but it's been sitting outside for 18 days and I think the protective layer is glued on. Did anyone else have any issues removing the glued paper that protects the lid when 419 ships it to you?
It’s been awhile but I remember my fingernail hurt after taking it off lol. Just leave it on, tell everyone it’s the wood grain model, or draw a cool picture on it lol or give area419 a call they’ve been more than helpful. I cracked my glass hopper for the auto throw they sent me a new one (I called to pay for one) for free no questions asked and wouldn’t even take my money for shipping. I bet they either have a tip of will replace it

V3 Trickler upgrade with billet Area419 question ... bottom 3 screws? I’m installing my Area419 upgrades and the video showed Phillip screws, but the new V3 from Adam has “very small” hex screws... smaller than anything in my kit. Anyone do this install lately that can reference the size needed?
60141AB5-6F0A-454F-BAE6-80FB418F9151.jpeg

V3 Trickler upgrade with billet Area419 question ... bottom 3 screws? I’m installing my Area419 upgrades and the video showed Phillip screws, but the new V3 from Adam has “very small” hex screws... smaller than anything in my kit. Anyone do this install lately that can reference the size needed?View attachment 7273987

Are you installing area 419 on a v3?

I found only the clear lid was worth it. Everything else on v3 was as good or better than 419

Reactions: jetsurgeon
Are you installing area 419 on a v3?

I found only the clear lid was worth it. Everything else on v3 was as good or better than 419
Yes... I like the Area419 kit, and ordered a new V3 package from CE (plus Adam’s kit)... waiting to hear back from Craig at Area419. Appears 419 has a lag in their assembly instructions. Hope to get this cleared up today.

Yes... I like the Area419 kit, and ordered a new V3 package from CE (plus Adam’s kit)... waiting to hear back from Craig at Area419. Appears 419 has a lag in their assembly instructions. Hope to get this cleared up today.
use the hardware from Adams kit. That’s all I did when I switched over to the 419 base.