• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Armalite's new AR-10s can take P-mags??

79TownCar

Private
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2011
I was wondering if anybody can confirm this? http://308ar.com/ On the front page it says Armalite is coming out with new AR-10s that will take "3rd party magazines". What they mean of coarse is P-mags.. I hope this is true. If so then finally, Armalite has seen the light..

Re: Armalite's new AR-10s can take P-mags??

They really need to do this to stay competitive in the 308 AR market. Almost all other manufactures since the 94 AWB lifted, have based their 308 AR's off the original waffle mag design, not the M14 mag.

Yea i agree this is a smart move. I feel bad for the Mega Ma-Ten haha. That was the highlight of their upper/lower matched sets. It doesn't really matter since Mega makes such quality stuff though..

From what I've read, this is the AR10A. The current model is considered the B model. The A model will use the original waffle, Pmags, etc. They're only planning two models of the A so far. A carbine and SASS. And no, you can't use your B upper on an A lower, you'd have to have both A upper/lower.

Too little too late, as soon as the Army went to the M110 I knew I would not buy another Armalite mag pattern rifle. I spent enough time and money trying to get my first one to run reliably with the converted mags and then the factory mags.

In business you have to be the one to make your products obsolete.

I think this is a very smart move by Armalite. I have 2 AR-10's and do prefer the M14-type mags, but it's an unusual mag, and you can't use it in other guns.

I know. Its such a pain in the ass that I can't use my Glock 21 mags in any of my other handguns.......

Seriously. I run an AR10. I have six mags for it. Its not a big deal unless you make it one.

The next heavy AR is going to use Pmags because I have a couple laying around and the receiver set I intend to use accepts pmags. If it used FAL mags I would buy those.

I am less worried about using the most fashionable mags and more worried about how well the system feeds. The -10 worked fine once they could actually produce new mags for it. Of course that was before anyone had heard of pmags.

Since the market seems to desire a pmag capable AR10 and that is a step towards heavy AR standardization, I do agree its a smart step.

Heavy AR? Is that what we're calling the family of large frame AR's that are based on the original AR 10?

BTW, you can use a Glock 21 mag in a Glock 30... It just sticks out the bottom a little bit. Makes a great spare mag for conceal carry.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know. Its such a pain in the ass that I can't use my Glock 21 mags in any of my other handguns.......

Seriously. I run an AR10. I have six mags for it. Its not a big deal unless you make it one.

The next heavy AR is going to use Pmags because I have a couple laying around and the receiver set I intend to use accepts pmags. If it used FAL mags I would buy those.

I am less worried about using the most fashionable mags and more worried about how well the system feeds. The -10 worked fine once they could actually produce new mags for it. Of course that was before anyone had heard of pmags.

Since the market seems to desire a pmag capable AR10 and that is a step towards heavy AR standardization, I do agree its a smart step. </div></div>

I was about to say the same thing.......