• We're Extending The Deal: Get 30% Off Your Sub With Code HIDE30

We're only offering the deal for another 24 hours!

Subscribe

Rifle Scopes Athlon Ares 4.5-27 Opinions??

Decent glass. Tracking is spot on. Turrets are soft but clicks are definite. Lines up well.
No sunshade or covers included.
I like mine. Really like mine.
last scope was an NXS and it is just as good in the same power range. At 27 power it's a bit tighter through the eye box but still pretty good.
Reticle is decent , not the best in class but good. The new ETR with floating dot looks excellent though.
I use mine for hunting and have enjoyed the sight picture even with early morning light.

I've had mine for about 6 months now. It's been to 4 club matches and tracks well and returned to zero with out any drama .... so far. Glass is so subjective but I'm happy with it... just don't compare it to a Nightforce or other high end glass.

The Zero stop is easy to set. 10 mil turrets, yes a little mushy but useable. I like the reticle it's a little thick on higher power but is illuminated .

On the down side as mentioned before ... no sun shade or covers come with it.

For appx $850 It's hard to beat and thanks to Vortex now pretty much everyone has the same warranty.

IMHO buy one and use the extra cash for ammo.... Good luck
Bill

I shot with a friend yesterday who has the current Ares, and I thought that it did great. The only thing I didn’t like, was that the reticle was a little thick. To be absolutely honest, it didn’t hold me back any, it was just a little thick. As mentioned above, The new model Ares has a finer crosshair. I shot it out to 630 yds, and K had no problem getting solid hits at 700 with it. Glass was pretty nice. I was impressed at how much scope you get for an affordable price. Call Doug! Great prices and great CS!

I don't own one but i know it is a solid ffp scope that weighs 27 oz. it tracks true, has illuminated reticle and good glass. The Ares is made in China and that just sends chills down my spine

I don't own one but i know it is a solid ffp scope that weighs 27 oz. it tracks true, has illuminated reticle and good glass. The Ares is made in China and that just sends chills down my spine

It does have critical Japanese components. I don't know exactly what those comprise but the one I had tracked well and was a good scope overall.

I've had one for a few months, it's tracked well, glass is great for the price. Haven't spun a turret pulling it from the case but it's certainly possible. Eye box is tight at max power. I really like the reticle and I'm looking forward to the ETR model with the floating dot in a few months.