• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Athlon Cronus BTR vs other LOW scopes

Lowhighlander

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter
Dec 24, 2021
Brownwood Tx
Been researching the host of low made optics and seems everyone has their opinion of who's best. I can buy a new Athlon Cronus BTR for $1050. So given that is it worth the extra to get a Tract, Element, Delta, Maven, etc etc? I know they are spec'd different so is one so much better that it justifies the cost?

You're the only one who can answer that question. Try to look through as many of those scopes as you can with your own eyes and form your own judgement. What's best for someone else may not be what's best for you. Having said that, $1,050 for a new Cronus is a smokin' deal.

That is a smokin deal!
I had a Gen 1 Cronus and the glass was really nice. Put it next to my Delta Stryker and it wasn’t even close. Put the Delta next to my Eotech 5-25 and it wasn’t even close.
Put the Delta next to my MK5HD and the Delta glass is noticeably better! 😳
The MK5 does have more positive feedback turrets. The Delta has a MUCH more forgiving parallax and eyebox than all of them. Haven’t compared the DS to a Cronus g2 Ultra, but I want to.

The Delta punches into the $3k territory imho
If the turrets were a little more positive, it would be one of the best scopes ever produced!

Have a Gen II razor, Gen III razor, NF ATACR 7-35, and a Cronus G2.

The Cronus holds its own pretty well and the turrets are very tactile and loud. The glass is fine and the reticle is good. I like the turrets on the Cronus better then the NF.

With that being said it depends on what you’re using it for. Do the other scopes that cost twice as much offer better light transmission and small amounts of clarity? Yes but not enough to justify the double cost IMO.

The Cronus lives in a Vudoo that consistently gets dialed to max elevation and back to zero just about every time it’s shot and the scope has held up fine. Truthfully it get used more then any of my other scopes just because the .22 needs to be dialed so much. When is the last time you dialed a centerfire to 21 mils? lol

I paid $1000 for my Cronus and I’m happy with it. Just bought a Arken 7-35 doe we’ll see how it compares to that next.

Reactions: DubfromGA
It will be on a dedicated target gun, so I bet it will work out fine. I run Leica’s on my hunting stuff. For low light for my eyes they are the best and my hunting situations aren’t long range so 2nd plane works great. Have a few magnus’s and they are just stupid good but the Amplus aren’t any slouches. Appreciate the feedback.

I have a few Cronus scopes, glass is good, I like the reticles a lot. One is several years old and has been used at many matches and practices. Was at a rimfire match awhile back and someone wanted to shoot my Bergara, it has a Cronus on it. He shoots a RimX with a ZCO on it. When he got done he asked what scope was on it, he liked the glass and reticle. I'd buy it at that price!!