Athlon Optics Argos 20-60x85 HD anyone have this?

adubeau

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2019
Peoples Republic Of Illinois
My cheap ass 80.00 Amazon special is not cutting it for a spotting scope and works fine for looking a critters and such - thinking of getting Athlon Optics Argos HD 20-60x85, anyone have this spotter if so how is it for the money?

at least the folks at clny have been able to look through many if not all of the more commonly seen options.
i wish there was a place like that around here.
while it isn't the same as looking through them, it would be nice to see camera pics through them side by side at 40x to compare.

I have places to go look, BassPro near me by the time I get there on the weekend they have nothing left - another place which shall remain nameless - customer support sucks, they act like they are doing you a favor by being in business and I don't go there anymore - YT has no reviews to speak of for this model that were not a sales pitch or lame as hooker blowing a billy goat. I read the 7 reviews on Amazon they were all good and not just onliners. I will update this post once I have it in hand and look through it at the range and the local forest preserves...

Reactions: Shawn1492
While I can't comment on the 20-60 Argos, I recently bought the Athlon Ares G2 15-45x65 as it's size & power fit my needs better.

I'm impressed with the image quality on mine so far.

Let us know what you think of the 20-60.

I received this yesterday - Over all impression it's pretty nice for the money, build quality is pretty good. as for optics clarity - It's on par with my Vortex Diamondback HD 10x42 Binos - which is good enough for me.. My only complaint is when at 60x magnification getting proper eye relief is a little difficult but doable. Eye piece has an adjustable cup on it, focus ring is on the body and not the little knobby thing, which is much better and more intuitive when reaching to adjust focus and has a built in sun shield, this is pretty handy and one less thing you have to worry about losing or forgetting somewhere - comes with a soft case that you can leave on while mounted on the tripod. Front lens and eye piece cap. Will be going to the range next week to see how well it does with spotting holes in paper targets and various distances.. Once I get a digiscope I will post some pics if you guys are interested. Holding off on any recommendation till I have a little more eye time on this scope - more to come.

I went out with my son yesterday and had him look through this - younger eyes help - He was pretty impressed with it and said the objects were pretty damn clear and and crisp.. some CA at 60x but not to much , just depends on the object - like a bright white Crane saw some blue haze around the edge of the bird - didn't get to the range yesterday - but we were able to look at Jupiter in the SE at night - picked it up pretty good and was able to see 3 of the moons at well. I tested it with the phoneskope attachment - bit disappointed in this - the eyepiece adapter needed a bit of painters tape on the inside to get it to hold snug so the phone didn't fall off, reached out to the PhoneSkope to see if they have any recommendations to making this fit better.. So far this spotting scope is a keeper and not making me want to send back for a more expensive unit..