• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Attn: Generator Experts- question about making a Gasoline genny run on Propane

Milf Dots

Poontificator
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter
Oct 21, 2019
Question for you generator experts: I'm looking at Generac's new largest portable genny, the 18000efi, which is fuel injected... Can this unit be made to run on propane, and if so, how easily done would it be? If there's a better fuel injected 18Kw genny around that isn't made in China- I'm open to recommendations on a better quality genny. I'd actually prefer a Honda powered or Yamaha powered, but I haven't seen any.

ETA: I already contacted Generac and they don't make a propane kit for this model series.

Thanks

Last edited:
Question for you generator experts: I'm looking at Generac's new largest portable genny, the 18000efi, which is fuel injected... Can this unit be made to run on propane, and if so, how easily done would it be? If there's a better fuel injected 18Kw genny around that isn't made in China- I'm open to recommendations on a better quality genny. I'd actually prefer a Honda powered or Yamaha powered, but I haven't seen any.

Thanks

I can't answer your question, I'd suggest contacting Generac directly.

Just curious......why do you want an 18 kW generator ? I had a 6 kW Onan and presently have a 10 kW Westinghouse. Both were/are more than adequate for my (200 Amp Main/residential) needs. And, the Westinghouse is "dual fuel", right out of the box.

Back in the day when I was still a Toyota mechanic the Auto Trader fleet was a bunch of Toyota trucks converted to propane. They had some module in front of the throttle body and ran it that way. Still had a regular gas tank and fuel injectors. They just ran propane instead. Made for an easy deactivation when it came time to sell the vehicles.

Reactions: mtrmn and Milf Dots