• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

August is National Shooting Sports Month... where's the parades?

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
Shouldn't the media be all about promoting Shooting sports? Don't we get to dress up in funny clothes and have parades? How about Shooting Story Hour where we get to go to schools and tell hunting stories or how we capped some tango at 800 yards? How about having companies pander to us with special ad campaigns celebrating shooting shit?

WTF... we have a whole month and they act like we are a bunch of pariah's.

Ok... this is America. Ever month should be Shooting Sports Month. But if they can have a whole month for gay cripples and transvetite eskimos and black Siamese twin hermaphrodites.... can't we get at least a decent parade?

Sirhr

Shouldn't the media be all about promoting Shooting sports? Don't we get to dress up in funny clothes and have parades? How about Shooting Story Hour where we get to go to schools and tell hunting stories or how we capped some tango at 800 yards? How about having companies pander to us with special ad campaigns celebrating shooting shit?

WTF... we have a whole month and they act like we are a bunch of pariah's.

Ok... this is America. Ever month should be Shooting Sports Month. But if they can have a whole month for gay cripples and transvetite eskimos and black Siamese twin hermaphrodites.... can't we get at least a decent parade?

Sirhr
I think their having one in Chicago !

OK @sirhrmechanic ,

Just think about it for a moment. The ones who would participate in a 'Parade' would most likely come from the Pit. Do you really want the troglodytes representing the entire 'Shooting Sports' community?

I have a hard (bad word to use in the Pit) time believing that all of us (Pit Dwellers) represent all of us (Shooting Sports).

Some things are best unseen, eye bleach and all.

P2

OK @sirhrmechanic ,

Just think about it for a moment. The ones who would participate in a 'Parade' would most likely come from the Pit. Do you really want the troglodytes representing the entire 'Shooting Sports' community?

I have a hard (bad word to use in the Pit) time believing that all of us (Pit Dwellers) represent all of us (Shooting Sports).

Some things are best unseen, eye bleach and all.

P2

So you are saying that my float being pulled by a team of gun-totin midgets being piloted by a whip-cracking Maser and featuring a cannon that fires jerky… is not going to get us more converts?

Meh, you are probably right!

Sirhr