• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

AZ NEWBIE

Coach13

Private
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2024
America
New member out of Arizona. Just got into my first bolt action. I’ve got a Solus Bravo in 6.5cm on the way. Wanting to get into some long range and PRS stuff. This is my start so far. Thanks for any info!!
Bought:
Solus Bravo 65cm
Harris Bipod sbrm 6-9 with pod lock
Midway pro mat
Large canister bag
Need:
Vortex venom 5-25x56? Budget suggestions
Case? Suggestions?
Dope book? Notepad?

A great hard case and budget friendly (in comparison to others) is the Pelican Vault line. As far as dope book there are really good ballistic shooting apps on the phone. I use Strelok Pro. This is NOT a cheap hobby to get in to and if you want to be consistent at long range money is what you will need. I too shoot 6.5 CM, hand loads. Where are you located?

I’m in the west valley. Understand the money part. Just trying to slow the bleed at first. I’m shooting a couple classes at Cowtown the beginning of the month. Trying to get together what I can for that quickly.
right on! should be a good time for sure. I havent been out to cow town yet but I do get my long range shooting in with the desert sharp shooters out at Ben Avery.