Backpack Suggestion for Tripod Carry

Longshot231

Four Star General
Minuteman
  • Mar 8, 2018
    I've been researching backpacks and wanted to know what some of you use for carrying a tripod in/on a backpack. I'm also shopping for a new backpack. Long range hunting would be the primary use and PRS secondary.

I'd like to get into PRS competition and with those stages in mind where a tripod is permitted, I'd like to know what would be best.

I spend more time in the field hunting varmints at long range and have never liked carrying the tripod in the hand that isn't being used to steady or carry the rifle. I also take a few things with me in the field as I will be there all day looking for furry targets. So a backpack is a necessity.

I have my ideas of what I want to do but want to know what has been working for everyone else. So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: NVScout
    Don’t over think it. Depending on the match you might just move it a few yards at a time fully deployed with your optics..

But look under the PRS thread “PRS loadout”

I use the flush cup mounts from RRS
    On my match pack
    00A7B9AE-C038-4FE3-982A-0821D382FF93.jpeg

But a completely different setup for hunting. You kinda need 2 packs.
    D9B31F9C-2780-42D4-913B-7B087A8C646B.jpeg

Either way you don’t want it in a bag to take it out of the bag to deploy.

Sometimes hunting it will be extended and in my hand. It’s one thing to transport the tripod for a long distance and another to have it ready when you need it.

Reactions: NVScout
    Just got the 24" Armageddon bag. Fits my PVA Comp-40 w/ RRS TA-3 which is 23" long and as wide as any other competition tripod I've seen. Well made and great customer service.