• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Badger bottom metal question

rickyd_55

Private
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2012
N.Central Texas
I'm working towards building a .223 bolt gun and I've found a manners stock that has been opened up for the badger bottom metal. Now my question is, is the badger .223 bottom metal the same on the outer dimensions as the badger bottom metal that accepts the .308 magazines. I mean of course the inside dimensions where the magazine would go are different, but will they cross with each other. I'm just wondering if it will require any more work to get the smaller one to fit. I hope I'm making sense. Any input would be great.

Thanks, Rick

Are we talking about DBM. If so 223 and
308 are the same . You just get a badger DBM for a short action and order the AI 223 mags................good luck finding the mags !!!

Are we talking about DBM. If so 223 and
308 are the same . You just get a badger DBM for a short action and order the AI 223 mags................good luck finding the mags !!!

Yes I was talking about the DBM. I figured that as long as it was a short action it would work. I just noticed on Badgers site they show a DBM for the .223 and it's even a little cheaper, so I wasn't sure after that. I emailed Badger and they said both would work in the same inlet. Yes I've noticed that .223 mags don't exist. I've got plenty of time to worry about that while I gather parts for my build. Thanks for the info.

Yes I was talking about the DBM. I figured that as long as it was a short action it would work. I just noticed on Badgers site they show a DBM for the .223 and it's even a little cheaper, so I wasn't sure after that. I emailed Badger and they said both would work in the same inlet. Yes I've noticed that .223 mags don't exist. I've got plenty of time to worry about that while I gather parts for my build. Thanks for the info.
The price difference is because there sending you a dbm with a 223 mag which is cheaper than the other mags. You will certainly enjoy the dbm and hope you find some mags, if you do please let me know cause im desperate for some myself. Also if you get really desperate there is a way to convert 308 mags over to 223 but you spend more money and time . Your better off getting the right mag if possible. Hope this helps.

The price difference is because there sending you a dbm with a 223 mag which is cheaper than the other mags. You will certainly enjoy the dbm and hope you find some mags, if you do please let me know cause im desperate for some myself. Also if you get really desperate there is a way to convert 308 mags over to 223 but you spend more money and time . Your better off getting the right mag if possible. Hope this helps.

That makes sense. Never thought about the price of the mags making the difference. I've signed up on every email notification list I could find for .223 AI mags, so hopefully something will come up and if some do I'll let you know. Thanks for clearing that up for me.