• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

BADGER ORDNANCE CONDITION ONE MOUNTS

Edsel

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2013
1724783850270.png

I like the rings as close to the objective and ocular as far as possible, as opposed to having them choking on the erector assembly or "saddle…"

Anybody have any measurements?

Width of rings, space between rings?

Better yet, pictures of the scope mounts on rifles - would be most welcome…

Last edited:
Not sure if that PDF loaded correctly from my phone, but it should be the cut sheet from Badger for all Max mount sizes/heights.

I can repost tomorrow from my computer, or you can ask BO, and they’ll send it to you.

Edit to add image of cut sheet:
1724856722420.png

1724856761602.png

Attachments

• 2022 mount sizes V4.1 1-27-22.pdf
    219.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Reactions: matt33 and Edsel
1724843877118.jpeg

As a basis for comparison, this is a Spuhr ISMS 4003B.*

IMG_3278.jpeg

Overall Length (listed on box): 5.79”
Bore Height (listed on box): 1.5”
Tube Diameter (listed in box): 34mm
Ring Width (measured): 1.25”
Space Between Rings (measured): 3 3/8”
Cant: 0 MOA

IMG_3237.jpeg

Based on the information provided, 154-340K seems a decent contender…

I really miss the layout and aesthetic of the older, blocky, “flat, non - ribbed” Spuhr mounts (yes, I did have cracked rings despite using some really expensive torque limiters with fancy certifications - they were replaced).

* What the hell. This model has been discontinued :confused:

Last edited:
How do the mounts compare to the rings? Any advantages or disadvantages? I’ve been waiting for BO to restock the SASR rings but that seems to be dragging out a long time.

I used to be a one - piece mount person, but got swayed otherwise by the Badger Ordnance MAX-50 series of rings.

Not really well - versed with the pros and cons, but offhand - here’s probably (at least in general, anyway) where each does better:

1. consistent concentricity: unimounts
2. return to zero after removal: unimounts
3. the modulus of elasticity under high impulse: unimounts
4. weight: rings

Nowadays, I’d really prefer minimalist, wide rings on my bolt guns (The MAX-50s are at 1”, while my older Spuhr goes at 1.25”). But I haven’t found anybody who makes them as wide as the latter.

On AR-15s with short rail segments - high amplitude flex is favored by cantilevered designs, but thankfully diminished by the small caliber.

Last edited:
I used to be a one - piece mount person, but got swayed otherwise by the Badger Ordnance MAX-50 series of rings.

Not really well - versed with the pros and cons, but offhand - here’s probably (at least in general, anyway) where each does better:

1. consistent concentricity: unimounts
2. return to zero after removal: unimounts
3. weight: rings

Nowadays, I’d really prefer minimalist, wide rings (The MAX-50s are at 1”, while my older Spuhr goes at 1.25”). But I haven’t found anybody who makes them.
Thanks. I really appreciate the modularity of the CO Mounts. But the SASR rings have never failed me. I also like the fact, as you mentioned, the rings are hybrid Max-50ish in design. Since BO never made the Max-50/34mm in 1.49 height, the SASR always seemed the best fit. YMMV.

Reactions: Edsel
How do the mounts compare to the rings? Any advantages or disadvantages? I’ve been waiting for BO to restock the SASR rings but that seems to be dragging out a long time.
I typically only use one piece mounts on gas guns. With the exception of some old redfield versions, and the SPUHR lightweight hunting mount on the 7-08.
IMG_6226.jpeg

I wonder what’s going on with Badger Ordnance.

So many goodies out of stock.
Wondering about, and frustrated by, the same thing... fulfilling .Mil contract(s) or...? Been waiting for MAX ARCs to come back in stock since, forever, have an Acro waiting to team-up with my March MPVO...

Last edited: