• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes badger vs nightforce base

Re: badger vs nightforce base

Iv heard some good things about Nightforce. But you cant argue with badger Ordnance.

I have the M40A3 rings and 20 MOA rail on my 700 and its solid as can be. No regrets. You get what you pay for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Both will work equally well. </div></div>

My thoughts exactly.

As long as you remember the Loctite, the end result with both bases will be the same. They're both good, and it's really just a matter of personal taste, I guess. Frankly, I wasn't aware that there was a difference between the two. The only valid arguing points I've ever heard for bases has been associated with the Steel vs Aluminum argument.

Thank you to all all for the feedback.
I hear you on the Loctite USACS. BTW, Both bases are steel.
Question would be if the steel is comparable strength on both units. I will look into that. Other concern would be the base flatness, straightness and quality of the machining to the 1913 spec and to match the receiver geometry. They both use the same recoil lug geometry.
USMCj states possible out of spec slots? A quick inspection of slot width and spacing to the 1913 spec would reveal that.
If material and machining is gtg on the NF, then the $ premium is the Badger name??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NF slot spacing is out of spec, unless they have changed that recently. Get a Seekins base and dont look back. </div></div>

Not true, just put a nightforce base and rings (aluminum titanium rings) on my 5r mil spec 700 .308. Spacing is right on, rings and base are TOP NOTCH quality. Im glad i didnt buy anything else. Fit is PERFECT to the receiver no need for bedding. Straight clean cuts, nightforce also has military contracts and held to a higher standard. If you want pics i can take some.