Ballhead for PIG0311-G Tripod?

sevenplagues

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 21, 2019
    Orlando, FL
    I would like to order this tripod, seems to have good reviews online and these forums.
    I am on a budget but don’t mind spending a little more for the right product.
    I’d like to get a ballhead adapter & I was reviewing a few on the Shadow tech / Hog Saddle website and found these (organized by price - low to high)
    And I don’t teally know the advantages of them.

My rifle currently doesn’t have an ARCA attachment , I can get one, (150 bucks) or go the route with the PIG or HOG saddle, which I can’t tell which one is better based on reviews both being strong.

Need some advice on what to buy

FB-52 Ball-head

Feisol Ball-head CB50D

XB-44-DL BALLHEAD

XB-52-BL BALL HEAD

Just purchased one with the fn52 head. I believe the difference came to the others having built in levels and being able to adjust a bit more vertically. The others also have clamps to hold the mount vs a bolt you tighten. I’m sure there is more but that is a couple things I remember.

The others are also rated for higher weights. That didn’t make a difference to me as the tripod is only rated for 26 lbs. I’m sure it will handle way more than that but aside from my 50 nothing I have weighs that much anyways

Last edited:
    I use the cb50d. It’s been a good combo. I have no real complaints, for the money it does a fantastic job.
    I bought the cd 50d and have had no issues so far.

Do you guys run a set of binos off the ball head too? I have a set of 15x56 Meoptas I just picked up and I am trying to decide on a head to mount them to...