Ballistic App ?

I've used Shooter for like 15yrs. It's not a perfect app in regards to rimfire use. But it does an adequate job. And it's not super expensive....like $10.

You can always use JBM for free online as it's a good resource for some rimfire b.c.'s and has plenty of features if you know how to use it.

I have been using Geoballistics for centerfire and have been quite happy with it but it didn't seem to give me the best results with a rimfire. I switched to Chairgun elite because they have the ability to use R4 ballistic coefficient and the drop chart has been dead on, at least out to 350 yards. I don't know if other apps use R4 but it seems to make a difference.

While not exactly a ballistics app I recently become a tester for an android app called Mildot Commander that calculates the distance to target using the target size which can be entered in millimeters, centimeters or inches using milliradians or minute of angle and gives the range in yards or meters. If you install a protractor app you can even get angle to target to input as well. So far it seems pretty accurate comparing it's output to my mildot master.

I use the Lapua App for the Lapua rimfire and and it's been very good for me. I have also used the Hornady 4DOF and works great when I plugged in the manufacturer's B/C/.

I also have a SIG Kilo 2400 ABS and the Vortex Optics Fury HD5000 AB Ballistic Rangefinder Binoculars. Both items have a ballistic library for the rimfire bullets and so far, both have given me great results.

Does the ballistic app you are talking about calculate distance to target? Seems most ballistics calculators calculate bullet drop but not distance to target.
It does: