• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

ballistic coefficient for Wolf match 40gr

Re: ballistic coefficient for Wolf match 40gr

From what I could find Wolf Match BC is .130 g1. Information was reported by the rimfire tactical group. I used this info and a jbm ballistics and it was very close.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most 40 grain .22LR bullets have ballistic coefficients between 0.120 and 0.165 with muzzle velocities from 1085 feet per second to 1312 feet per second </div></div>

Any way to narrow this margine down to find out the BC for the 1085 fps Eley Sport round. Would 0.145 be in the neighborhood?

I think .145 is a bit high.

I've seen where they rate .22 ammo BC between .100 to about .180, but I don't think that is close to the average BC out to 200 yards or more.

BC of .165 maybe for 50 yards.

All the BC calcs I've run for .22 rimfire out to 200+ yards fall between .115 and .135 from 25 to 200 yards.

Shiraz, what would you suggest then for say 1085 fps @ 25 yards? Just a rough ballpark figure.

Thanks,

Thank you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jlopez</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From what I could find Wolf Match BC is .130 g1. Information was reported by the rimfire tactical group. I used this info and a jbm ballistics and it was very close. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joe Martin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shiraz, what would you suggest then for say 1085 fps @ 25 yards? Just a rough ballpark figure.
Thanks, </div></div>

A BC of .125 or .130 will get you close for Eley Sport in the purple box.

There is no info for ballistics on this that I can find that I can back calc.

Thank you!
smile.gif