• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Ballistic Coefficient of CCI Subsonic 40 gr 22LR

nmmi9100

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2010
New Mexico
What's the BC of this stuff? CCI doesn't show it in their catalog and I need it for my ballistic calculator. Found all sorts of online BC info...none for CCI Subsonics though.

I was doing some fairly long range shooting with my CZ 452, Kodiak TL, and CCI Subsonics this afternoon while deer hunting. Watching deer in a nearby field...none were keepers...while shooting at a little birdy at 142 yards. I guessed the BC at 0.10 but apparently it's higher than that. I hit the bird after a few shots but it took about 2-3 minutes less than the predicted 20 MOA from my 25 yard zero per Exbal.

Deer never did get the wiser. But the bird learned the heard way...smoked him.

-David
Edgewood, NM

Re: Ballistic Coefficient of CCI Subsonic 40 gr 22LR

Viper762:

Yep. Found that one all over the web. But it doesn't show the BC for CCI Subsonic 40 gr HP. As you can see from the table, it shows a wide variation in BC for 40 grain 22 projectiles from 0.09 to 0.150.

Does anyone have specific data for the CCI Subsonic 40gr HP?

-David
Edgewood, NM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Viper 762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just found that, figured I would copy and paste to help. If I come across anything I will post it. </div></div>

Thanks for the help. I found that one too and was surprised that almost every load under the sun was on there but the one I wanted....

Source Rimfire Central BC data

According to Sierra Exterior Ballistics (don't have my iPod handy to check other programs I have), the CCI 40gr SS HPs have a BC of 0.118 for all velocity boundaries.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ida83704</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use .115 for my dope. </div></div>

Ida:

What kinda velocity are you getting? I'm running a CZ452 American 16". Thus far been too lazy to setup the 35P and chronograph the thing.

Thanks,

-David
Edgewood, NM

Here it is ........ Thanks for the info guys! Anybody picked up the BC for Wolf match target?