Night Vision Bare minimum Thermal scope and mono recommendation

shoots100

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2010
NYS Flatlands
It's the same old question I've been asked and see here asked ad nauseum, What thermal optic(s) would you recommend for someone on a budget ?
This is the golden age of thermal and while I don't like supporting foreign adversaries , the far east manufacturers are really putting out some great optics for every budget.
My answer to the budget optic recommendation is that affordable doesn't mean viable.
Low budget crappy optics are just that, Crap.
You can't see shit with them , they use internal or outdated battery power sources and the specs are terrible.
While I'm not sponsored by any manufacturer, I've been buying, testing and using budget thermal scopes and monocular's for use as back up and loaner optics to aid in predator elimination on several cattle farms, hunting preserves and small family farms in my area.
Real field use in varying weather conditions and with many different people of varying expertise using them.
Some who know how to use them and some who've never looked through or operated a thermal a second of their life.
My current backup scope and monocular are viable optics with bare minimum features and specs that will get the job done, use the same removable power source and are easy to operate.
Both have 5 years warranties, 384 Res , 50 Hz, 12um pixel pitch, sub 25 Mk with nice sized display screens.
These optics don't have crappy postage stamp sized display screens that are recessed in the eye piece.
You look into them and the image is right there.

Scope- Rix L3 384 resolution with Ocular zoom, removable 18650 battery, mounted in a quality QD mount -$2,300 shipped

Mono- AGM Seeker 15-384 with removable 18650 battery - $1,195 shipped

Both come with 2 batteries and chargers.

Both have a lot of features and the ability to shut those features off.

For under $3,500 you'll be able to spot & engage targets with confidence and rule the night.

There are other scopes and mono's that are cheaper, but they suck balls and your throwing your money down the drain if your not going to spend it on decent optics.
Your not going to get a new decent useable resolution thermal scope or mono for $500, so stop asking.
Same with 640 res optics.
Your going to have to sell a kidney or sell one of the kids if you want to go the 640 res route and maybe two kids if you want to buy American optics.

SJC

Reactions: WhereNow&How