• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Gunsmithing barnard actions

Re: barnard actions

The P action does not have 700 footprint. The repeater action is supposed to have 700 footprint.Mac Tilton-MT GUNS-has a AICS 2.0 stock that I just sent him so he could find out the answer to your question.I should know in a short time.barry

I've been trying to convince Malcolm to rotate the lugs on the S action 60 degrees to allow for a smoother pick up of rounds from a magazine. The current config places a lug directly at the bottom when stroking the bolt, thus creating drag and pick up problems from the mag. It would be much better if the bolt body diameter picked up the next round instead of the extended radius of the outer rim of the lug.

You have to realize that the Kiwis' don't shoot repeater platforms much at all.

I've set up a few S actions with Badger bottoms and it was more than tedious to get it all working smoothly.

FWIW

Alan

if you order a stock with basic Rem 700 inlet, then order it 1/2 " further forward, oherwise the arse end of the SM /S sticks out to far back and looks-- not right.

Alan, i beg to differ..
Ive been trying to convince Charles to stop using HS mags ( rockinghorse shit ) and use AICS mags (more popular). the fact that the lower lug goes through between the mag lips makes fitting easy.. you just have to juggle the length of the mag release catch.

But what i'd realy like is the action milling to accept AW magazines..
Now that is a tedius task to accumplish, but it works superbly with a lug at BDC.

Pete

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palma</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From the action article over on 6mmbr.com:

http://www.6mmbr.com/actions.html#Barnard

Barnard also makes a smaller 'S' action with a Remington 700 footprint, that uses Rem-compatible triggers such as Jewell, Kelbly, and Timney. It is available both as a single-shot and as a repeater action (shown above). </div></div>
I think only certain triggers fit,so far i've been told timney and remington fit.
The other may need a little work with a file.
barnard web site

Ditto on the S action posts above.

Try calling the importer of barnard actions, MTguns.com Proprietor, Mac Tilton is a good guy to talk to. He also sells barreled actions with barnards. No relationship just a customer.

RE-Fit of AICS stock to Barnard S action-Just spoke to Mac at mtguns.com I had sent him an aics2.0 stock to check the possible use of the S action.His finding is that it is doable with adjustment of the magizine latch to obtain proper feeding.Mac also stated that he hopes to have the feed ramps modified to feed better on the next batch of S actions that comes in.Any more specific mods-I am sure Mac can answer. He is shipping the AICS stock back to me-going to try a REM in it-never used one before-Want to try myself+let my son in law try it also.Hope this info helps! barry