• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Barrel diameter at muzzle on a Rem.700 AAC-SD

Oham1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2011
Dallas, Tx
Does someone know the barrel diameter at the muzzle on a Remington 700 AAC-SD? I am looking to purchase a break and would like to know which one would be a good fit.

Trying to decide between,

JP Recoil Eliminator
JP Tactical Compensator
APA Little Bastard

Thank You.

Re: Barrel diameter at muzzle on a Rem.700 AAC-SD

Do you ever plan on using as suppressor with the rifle?

If you do I would suggest researching the different brands and use the appilcable mount/brake for the suppressor you plan to use.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NisilS14</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.860 is what mine measured at. The JP Eliminator is probably the most effective, too bad it's so ugly though. </div></div>

.86 is the diameter at the end before the threads? I myself am about to order a break and this would be awesome to know. I don't own a caliper or I would just check this myself. Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CohenJ87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

.86 is the diameter at the end before the threads? I myself am about to order a break and this would be awesome to know. I don't own a caliper or I would just check this myself. Thanks </div></div>

Yes.

Mine was .845"

Don't overlook the Brake made by Ross (RWS screen name here). He turns it down to match your barrel too, and his price can't be beat.

Ive got pics on here of one on my AAC.