Rifle Scopes barska spotting scops good or bad ?

black_ump

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2007
erie,pa 16334
thinking of buying a barska spotting scope, they seem pretty decent for the money, out side of the glass not being as good as say somthing like a ziess, do they hold up well ? are they worth the money ?

thinking of getting a 20-60 x 60

Re: barska spotting scops good or bad ?

i under stand the glass isnt the most amazing but as long as i dont have to talk out every 10 rounds to see how well i was shooting then thats all that matters to me

i just wanna make sure if i get one they wont fall appart or what ever

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i under stand the glass isnt the most amazing but as long as i dont have to talk out every 10 rounds to see how well i was shooting then thats all that matters to me

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">i just wanna make sure if i get one they wont fall appart or what ever </span></span></div></div>

most likely this will happen if you take it from the padded case, or even remotely use it, anything with the Barska, NC Star, Counter Sniper name on it sucks a tremendous amount of ass. Save your money, i can see bullet holes through a old glass coke bottle at 500 yards better than i can with a Barksa.

Money could be better spent even for a first time spotter. I have a friend that bought one and it does work OK for seeing hits or misses out to maybe 400yards but doesn't have the clarity as other brands. There have been a lot of threads on here about different spotters in varying price ranges.

I got ultra lucky and found a KOWA 82mm at a gun show from an older fella that used it for watching birds and he set the price. Depending on your price range and distances you are shooting something in the $200.00 range should get you started. I used an old Bushnell for years shooting metallic silhouette and it did fine till I could upgrade.

Topstrap

Barfska is terrible. Really. You'll have zero eye relief. You'll feel like you’re at the ophthalmologist’s office and the ophthalmologist has you on that machine that checks for glaucoma with that little puff of air.