• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Bedding a Savage Mark II??? Anyone tried it?

slimguns

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2007
Albq., NM
I got my new wood stock from a guy here on the hide and I took it to my smith who said he's never really bedded .22. By the end of the conversation he tells me I can leavee it but it'll be a crap shot and it'll probably run $200-$300. I politely take my .22 back and am now searching to see how this is done.

Has anyone done it or seen a tutorial of a how to?

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,
Slim

Re: Bedding a Savage Mark II??? Anyone tried it?

I don't know why he freaked and look at me like I was completely stupid.

Would you mind posting a pic of the view into the stock. I want to show him and make sure we're talking about the same stuff. I'm hoping it's just a miscommunication and neither of us is as stupid as our last conversation.

Thanks

I'm curious as well. I have the Mako model and when I pulled the action out of the stock
confused.gif
. I don't know where to start or stop.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I did mine. It was like any other bed job. </div></div>

that's why i don't understand why slimguns smith said it would be a crap shoot, time to llok for another smith...a bed job is a bed job.

7mm, as with most bed jobs, accuracy is improved, did it make a noticable improvement to the accuracy with the mkii?