• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Gunsmithing bedding/stock issues?

bowhunter_0311

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2010
South Texas
rem 700 tac/ hogue stock the issue i am having/question. the point of pillar bedded is to free float? i know there are complaints about this stock that i have found online other people having the same issue. under the barrels own weight it contacts the forend of the stock and with the can on the end it is even more so. i dont want to replace the stock just want to fix the issue of getting the barrel off the stock.

Re: bedding/stock issues?

Well you could hog out some material with sandpaper and a round implement, but it still is going to flex. But most here will say what you will soon realize, that it's an excessively cheap stock that was placed on the rifle just to get the end price down.

Re: bedding/stock issues?

I do quite a bit of home gun work and purchased a Rem 700 SPS I cleared out the forend and ran two small aluminum rods down each side and filled in with epoxy. Make sure you rough up the inner area to be bedded for the epoxy to stick to. Good luck.