• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Bergara B-14 Carbon 308 Ammo

Dch03

Private
Minuteman
Sep 4, 2024
Mobile al
JW who owns a Begara B-14 Carbon in 308 and what ammo is shooting the best. Looking for a hunting round particularly. I’ve tried fusion 150, 165. Hornady GMX 150. Hornady whitetail 150. With not the best results. Just curious what’s working for everyone else.
Thanks - Daniel

Wonder if the lead sled is somehow throwing it off, I know hunting ammo isn’t exactly the most accurate but almost double the rifle’s accuracy guarantee seems a bit off.

Try some FGMM (Walmart sells 168gr) and if it doesn’t shoot then send the POS in and hopefully they actually fix it. I’ve sent all 3 of the Bergarbages I’ve bought in for accuracy issues and two they fixed and one they didn’t. Best to avoid their shitty rifles all together.
I completely forgot about the tried and true FGMM for benchmark testing

Update: so the FGMM cut a .9 inch group. Also let the barrel sit for ~10 minutes between each shot. Can’t complain, it’s definitely a well built rifle and really light. Finding a hunting round that groups is the next step.

Attachments

• IMG_9800.jpeg
    IMG_9800.jpeg
    388.4 KB · Views: 4
I have worked up a few loads for my Bergara 308 that perform really well. Any lighter bullet (sub 162) factory ammo was a big disappointment. I have been working with 168 and above and found a lot of success. Hornady AMax 168 over any decent powder produces consistently sub-MOA groups.

My very beginner suspicion is that it wants that bullet seated up against the lands and grooves. I've been loading all mine at 2.840" OAL and had great success and no issues.