Bergara B14R with ARCA Rail on Factory Stock

Area 419 14” ARCA Kit. Follow the instructions. Hundreds of people on here and other groups have installed them. Attached is a front action screw that needs 2 or 3 threads ground off of instead of a BUNCH!!! I know as I screwed up the one in the kit.
86DE6DA1-D1EB-4107-A3A8-3D3DC21ACD03.jpeg
E689221D-9BAC-44A8-81D6-DA3B674B678D.jpeg

Is it at all noticeably detrimental that the ARCA rail is not parallel to the axis of the bore?

I have been considering mounting that same universal 14" rail with the barricade stop on one of my rifles, but wasn't sure how critical it is to have the rail inline with the bore. I was thinking I could use progressively larger spacers towards the muzzle, to make the rail parallel even though the forearm tapers... but I think it may not be necessary, and has high potential to look stupid once complete. Form follows function, I know, but life is too short to have ugly $#!+...

In what ways does the factory stock have to be changed or modified to accept the area 419 arca rail? Does it fit over the bipod and sling stud up front or do they have to be removed?

Last edited:
Is it at all noticeably detrimental that the ARCA rail is not parallel to the axis of the bore?

I have been considering mounting that same universal 14" rail with the barricade stop on one of my rifles, but wasn't sure how critical it is to have the rail inline with the bore. I was thinking I could use progressively larger spacers towards the muzzle, to make the rail parallel even though the forearm tapers... but I think it may not be necessary, and has high potential to look stupid once complete. Form follows function, I know, but life is too short to have ugly $#!+...
Manners stocks aren't parallel

It doesn't matter if there's a slight angle

I got one of THESE and really like it for barricades. Can be positioned towards muzzle or back by mag well, and used in conjunction with bipod. it's pretty versatile you can create your combo.

Attachments

• 20210528_062656.jpg
    20210528_062656.jpg
    449.9 KB · Views: 816